Big easy in the snow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ben cartwright2

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
SE Massachusetts
4 feet of snow covering the barbecues decided to dig out the Big Easy oil-less fryer and cook up a roasting chicken let easier than trying to fire up the WSM smoker. It is supposed to take 10 minutes a pound, this was an 8 pound bird, took 2 hours 15 minutes of course it was 15 degrees outside

The Big Easy really comes in handy sometimes.  I use mine in the garage.  Love the way it crisps up the skin on a bird. 

It odes a great job, very close to hot oil but without the danger
can place one on a fosters beer can and you will be surprised at the juice that runs out! Oh and there won't be any beer left in the can at the end! I am just amazed at how raw it looks on the outside of it for so long then place cover on it and boom crisps up! Cooking inside out just amazing! There are 3 of them in my family and everything I have had out of them has been great and juicy... favorite being prime rib on new years 2 years ago.

ohh man, that sounds like hell to my Texas born and raised butt

BTW, suppose to be 70 here today  
sausage.gif

Man, you are really getting hit. Hopefully it will end soon. We're at the opposite end of that. Friday the 13th, it started raining at 5AM and was still raining at 930 AM. Temp was just below freezing. Things were so icy, that I was about 300 yards past my turn on the highway before I got my load of logs slowed down enough that I would have dared to make the turn. In Alberta. In February. Go figure.

Gary

another 16 inches of snow today and still coming down.  I have lost all my grills and the big easy and propane under the snow now.

Last night in the cold snow I did a 7 pound chicken, 2 1/2 hours to just barely get it done right.

Looks like you have no where to go with the snow either! Might make for a wet wet spring in your backyard.

I have 2, one in the sump and a backup.. I am going to spend the next couple weeks getting everything off the basement floor. I also have 2 shop vacs, had one and just bought a backup figured to get it now before the rush in a few weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky