Big easy in the snow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I have 2, one in the sump and a backup.. I am going to spend the next couple weeks getting everything off the basement floor. I also have 2 shop vacs, had one and just bought a backup figured to get it now before the rush in a few weeks.
You must have been a boy scout.  BE PREPARED.  Best of luck to you Ben.  How's Hoss and Lil Joe?  LOL. Sorry couldn't resist.

Shaggy

It is funny, I do have 3 boys, the youngest is a lefty.  But the oldest name is Joe, while the youngest the lefty is Sean, Dan the middle guy looks just like Hoss, heavyset, the other two are skinny.  The youngest is "Joe Cartwright" in SASS the Single Action Shooting Society while I am Ben Cartwright.

Oh by the way, my oldest is an Eagle Scout!

Shaggy
   It is funny, I do have 3 boys, the youngest is a lefty.  But the oldest name is Joe, while the youngest the lefty is Sean, Dan the middle guy looks just like Hoss, heavyset, the other two are skinny.  The youngest is "Joe Cartwright" in SASS the Single Action Shooting Society while I am Ben Cartwright.

Oh by the way, my oldest is an Eagle Scout!

I have 2, one in the sump and a backup.. I am going to spend the next couple weeks getting everything off the basement floor. I also have 2 shop vacs, had one and just bought a backup figured to get it now before the rush in a few weeks.
Ya I'm sure the hardware stores will be prepared with additional stock after this snowfall but they're going to run out. In wisconsin we haven't had much for snow here.

They are forecasting 8 to 12 inches here tonight in Kentucky, and while that is not anywhere near the onslaught you have faced, it will be crippling for this area.  I got to the store yesterday to buy supplies (beer
beercheer.gif
) .  We'll just hunker down by the fireplace or under the covers and ride it out.  Oh, I do have a slab of ribs in the freezer, and my smoker is in the garage.  I will survive and hope you and everyone in the northeast do the same. Spring cannot get here soon enough.  Here's to hoping your sump pumps can keep up.
thumb1.gif

They are forecasting 8 to 12 inches here tonight in Kentucky, and while that is not anywhere near the onslaught you have faced, it will be crippling for this area.  I got to the store yesterday to buy supplies (beer :beercheer: ) .  We'll just hunker down by the fireplace or under the covers and ride it out.  Oh, I do have a slab of ribs in the freezer, and my smoker is in the garage.  I will survive and hope you and everyone in the northeast do the same. Spring cannot get here soon enough.  Here's to hoping your sump pumps can keep up.:thumb1:
know people in Tennessee and they have up to 6" and all bread is off the shelf! I'm like really? We don't even think that when they call for a foot here in WI. It's a different case I know but I am baffled people can't drive in snow down there.

know people in Tennessee and they have up to 6" and all bread is off the shelf! I'm like really? We don't even think that when they call for a foot here in WI. It's a different case I know but I am baffled people can't drive in snow down there.
Yeah that is the way it usually is here in Mass, but now people are so used to getting slammed that there is bread and milk left in the stores!

They are saying 3-6 Wednesday, that is a dusting really nothing at all. I hope that is how they stay from now on and then melt slow!

We ended up with between 16 and 20 inches from this storm.

I would love to put the smokers in the garage but my wifes antique firetruck is in there.

That's pretty cool I like the her fire truck.   Wet and rainy here mid 30's and falling  nasty day

Gary

Yeah that is the way it usually is here in Mass, but now people are so used to getting slammed that there is bread and milk left in the stores!

They are saying 3-6 Wednesday, that is a dusting really nothing at all. I hope that is how they stay from now on and then melt slow!

We ended up with between 16 and 20 inches from this storm.

I would love to put the smokers in the garage but my wifes antique firetruck is in there.

The back end of that fire truck looks like it could be modified into a smoker.  Do it when she's not looking. 
hit.gif

Y'all still getting hammered ?      Say hello to Little Jo and Hos     (Couldn't resist)

Stay warm and safe

Gary

we only got a dusting today, a couple inches and now it is the end of February, come March the temps will be in the 30's!  Winter is almost over for us in New England!

1. I hope you guys are safe and warm.
2. That was a nice looking bird.
3. Take care of all that equipment, I would hate for you to have to sell it to me.
4. I know you are proud of your boys.
5. My son is an Eagle Scout also. (46 tears old)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky