best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I thought all tequilas were made from the blue agave. If made from the other agave plants it has to be labeled mescal.

As for beer for smokin', pretty much anything that is ice cold, but i sure do prefer the real beers made from malts, not the american excuse for beer. All time fav for drinking with a meal, is Guiness Stout. But i only like 2 of them max, then i want something a bit lighter.

Up here in the land of many microbrews, choosing your beer is like choosing a wine with dinner.  There's just no one right answer!
I second that!  Here in Boise, there just as many microbrew choices.  Most of the time, however, I go with a dark imperial stout of some kind (my favorite mass-produced brew is Sam Adams' Imperial Stout, served at about 45° in a snifter glass), and just last weekend I enjoyed 22 oz of 2009 The Abyss from Deschutes Brewing....paired perfectly!

Barret

Dos Equis Amber
icon_mrgreen.gif

Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter would be my personal preference. This is the best damn dark beer I've ever had. Incredibly smooth, flavorful and drapes the tongue like water. If you haven't tried it it's well worth it.

I'm a Miller Lite guy too.  Not a fan of heavy/bitter beers.  I enjoy a nice Rolling Rock now and then, but mostly, I'm a cheap beer kinda guy.

i personally like having a homebrew with my bbq. if that isn't available, than i prefer either a red ale or a bock.

I love trying all different micro brews so I vary alot as far as what I drink when cooking.  Ive been drinking alot of beer from Dogfish Head Brewery which I have tried about 6 or 7 varieties and all have been awesome.  This time of yr Sam Adams makes Noble Pils which is one of my favs.  

I use, and like to drink Leininkugel when smoking or grilling.  Tonight I'll be using some Guinness Extra Stout for some beer can chickens. 
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky