Beginner question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ok guys, to answer a couple of questions.  I did not remove any skin before smoking.  I'm not sure if it was or wasn't skin but like I said it peeled off in one piece

7a6b4f8e_skin.jpg

skin, remove this

If I really should have smoked it for maybe 12-14 hours and then wrap it in tin foil for anothter 2, I guess I'll have to start on Sat and eat on Sunday.

Dutch said "Foiling the butt once it reaches the 160°-170° mark well help get you though the stall quicker"     So you're saying to foil it and continue smoking ?

The stall is your friend, don't rush it.

I never foil it, if you don't foil you will get more "Bark"

If you do foil, keep in the smoker but no "Smoke is Needed"

I loaded a chimney to the top (appx 100 brickets), fired it up, poured it in charcoal ring.  This looked wimpy so I poured another 50 to 100 brickets on top of the lit ones and added the wood.  I guess this the bizarro minion method?

ok guys, to answer a couple of questions.  I did not remove any skin before smoking.  I'm not sure if it was or wasn't skin but like I said it peeled off in one piece.

34d56229_skin.jpg

Skin... Remove

If I really should have smoked it for maybe 12-14 hours and then wrap it in tin foil for anothter 2, I guess I'll have to start on Sat and eat on Sunday.

Dutch said "Foiling the butt once it reaches the 160°-170° mark well help get you though the stall quicker"     So you're saying to foil it and continue smoking ?

If you foil you don't need to keep the "Smoke" going, I do not foil, I like a lot of "Bark". The stall is your friend dont rush it.

I loaded a chimney to the top (appx 100 brickets), fired it up, poured it in charcoal ring.  This looked wimpy so I poured another 50 to 100 brickets on top of the lit ones and added the wood.  I guess this the bizarro minion method?
I posted this earlier today, don't know why it didn't show up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky