Beginner question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ok guys, to answer a couple of questions.  I did not remove any skin before smoking.  I'm not sure if it was or wasn't skin but like I said it peeled off in one piece

7a6b4f8e_skin.jpg

skin, remove this

If I really should have smoked it for maybe 12-14 hours and then wrap it in tin foil for anothter 2, I guess I'll have to start on Sat and eat on Sunday.

Dutch said "Foiling the butt once it reaches the 160°-170° mark well help get you though the stall quicker"     So you're saying to foil it and continue smoking ?

The stall is your friend, don't rush it.

I never foil it, if you don't foil you will get more "Bark"

If you do foil, keep in the smoker but no "Smoke is Needed"

I loaded a chimney to the top (appx 100 brickets), fired it up, poured it in charcoal ring.  This looked wimpy so I poured another 50 to 100 brickets on top of the lit ones and added the wood.  I guess this the bizarro minion method?

ok guys, to answer a couple of questions.  I did not remove any skin before smoking.  I'm not sure if it was or wasn't skin but like I said it peeled off in one piece.

34d56229_skin.jpg

Skin... Remove

If I really should have smoked it for maybe 12-14 hours and then wrap it in tin foil for anothter 2, I guess I'll have to start on Sat and eat on Sunday.

Dutch said "Foiling the butt once it reaches the 160°-170° mark well help get you though the stall quicker"     So you're saying to foil it and continue smoking ?

If you foil you don't need to keep the "Smoke" going, I do not foil, I like a lot of "Bark". The stall is your friend dont rush it.

I loaded a chimney to the top (appx 100 brickets), fired it up, poured it in charcoal ring.  This looked wimpy so I poured another 50 to 100 brickets on top of the lit ones and added the wood.  I guess this the bizarro minion method?
I posted this earlier today, don't know why it didn't show up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky