Beer Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Not hard to figure out
Honey
BBQ mix

Hamms
Beer=========HBHB
This is small 2.5 lbs so using 8oz Hamms
hbhb.JPG

hbhb1.jpg

Fridge and stuff/smoke tomorrow.
hbhb2.jpg

Hamms is owned by Coors now.

Decided to stuff and hang in a cold smoker all night, no heat no smoke, low is 37.

IMG_6302.JPG

While I'm on a beer kick I might as well make another small batch.
Carefull with the #116 and too much water as the 116 has added phosphate already.
IMG_6300.JPG

These days my wife does most of the cranking.
IMG_6301.JPG

Guinness/116 sticks.
IMG_6307.JPG

See ya tomorrow.
IMG_6308.JPG

I have to ask about this Hams Beer. Not sure I have ever seen this in South Louisiana. Certainly never had any. Anything special about this beer as far as flavor goes?
Hamms goes way back, mostly found in the mid west but since Coors bought it Hamms is lots of places, even in rural KY now.

Nothing special....I just like it.

I wish I had seen this before I busted onions on a batch of snack sticks I made this morning. Sheep casings suck boloney skins and my left shoulder hurts from cranking the stuffer.
The mix needed more liquid....

I'm bookmarking this one👍

More AW is not always the answer.
Protein extraction is.

Reactions: chopsaw
More AW is not always the answer.
Protein extraction is.
Agreed, but today's project was more a case of low fat beef and trying to squeeze the mix thru a 7/16" tube using a stuffer that's pretty old and worn out.

I'm trying to use up some older batches of meat in the freezer so I can replace it with some new stuff.

Agreed, but today's project was more a case of low fat beef and trying to squeeze the mix thru a 7/16" tube using a stuffer that's pretty old and worn out.

I'm trying to use up some older batches of meat in the freezer so I can replace it with some new stuff.
Been there.
I use a 3/8" OD tube for the 13mm. I just let the meat rest in the stuffer at room temp for while, pushes out like....well you know thru a tin horn :emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:

Reactions: Flash Burn
Both batches of beer sticks are done. Turn off PID, unplug the cords, shut the vents closed and these are going to hang in the smoker for few hours before the temp drops to freezing.

IMG_6333.JPG

Nice color.
Mine go in smoke today. Using pecan as well since I have a somewhat unlimited supply since hurricane idalia last September.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky