Hot Honey Meat Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
A small six-pound batch of Hot Honey meat sticks in a GMG Davy Crockett.

1.jpg

-----

Was a 50/50 mix of wagyu brisket trimmings and buffalo burger stuffed into 21mm mahogany collagen casings… pretty dang tasty!

2.jpg

-----

3.jpg

-----

Hot Honey Stick Seasoning.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Marty

What temp did you start at?
I dont think my pellet pooper goes lower than 150 and for me thats too high to start with.

Marty

What temp did you start at?
I dont think my pellet pooper goes lower than 150 and for me thats too high to start with.
2 hours in the Davy Crockett at 150º with a mix of apple and cherry pellets for a little smoke flavor. Then to the oven at 170º till internal meat temperature of 155º, which was another hour and 15 minutes.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks really good from my point of view! Of course I haven't had a bad mix from you yet!

Ryan

• Love
Reactions: mossymo
Those look great. I have to look, seems I may have had that seasoning in my last order . Haven't made sticks for quite awhile.

• Love
Tasty. I just made some not too long ago. It is a tasty mix. I found if i prop the lid open a couple inches it will lower the temp about ten degrees from the low setting provided the outside temp is low enough.

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky