Beef x2 and beans *Finished Q view added in thread*

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
man i love the idea of them keto baked beans. I need to steal you're recipe as im following the keto diet myself! looks fantastic!
Always happy to share keto ideas! The recipe is in the post below the bean pics. Let me know if you have questions. The only issue , as is the case with many keto things, the black soybeans are pretty expensive. I am going to get dry black soy beans to try for the next batch. Keto purists frown on soy , I don’t eat a lot but these are worth it to me. Net carbs are very low.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasec5308
This is the start of my keto friendly baked beans. 6 cans of black soy bean which is super low in net carbs, 2 lbs. bacon, two large onions and about 2 1/2 lbs. of ground beef seasoned with my homemade sugar free sweet heat rub.

Sauce added and ready to let that beef drip in in all day tomorrow :) Sauce is 2 bottles G Hughes SF BBQ, 1 bottle G. Hughes sugar free ketchup, 2 cups Swerve brown sugar substitute , 1 can of chipotle chiles in sauce pureed, 12 oz. tomato paste and a cup to cup and a half of Minors chicken broth.
I made an attempt to scale this down. My soybeans came out perfect this morning. Making this. This is what I got:

1625320373129.png

My buddy says thanks for the black soybeans. His wife does not like refried beans but she love them with soybeans.

Last edited:
I made an attempt to scale this down. My soybeans came out perfect this morning. Making this. This is what I got:

View attachment 502342

My buddy says thanks for the black soybeans. His wife does not like refried beans but she love them with soybeans.
Brian, how long and what temp did you use for the above recipe. Did you precook the bacon?

Brian, how long and what temp did you use for the above recipe. Did you precook the bacon?
I often use the canned beans in this recipe, if you use dry beans make sure they are super tender. Bacon, ground meat and onions are all precooked. Everything then mixed and into the smoker.

great starting in a few, what time and temp for the beans?
Do you mean time and temp once all ingredients are combined after the previous? If so it’s really not critical. I smoke them often at different temps depending on what meat I’m doing. I let meat drip in them.[/QUOTE]

yes combined.....I am doing in the oven as my smoker is "busy" with some rock salt now. I am at 275 for an hour so far, was thinking of going 2 hours

Reactions: jcam222
yes combined.....I am doing in the oven as my smoker is "busy" with some rock salt now. I am at 275 for an hour so far, was thinking of going 2 hours
In the smoker often they will ride 4 hours or more. I just cool to the consistency I like. Note they will thicken further overnight.

Modified the recipe a little bit and scaled it down to using 2 cans of beans. I omitted the adobo/chipotle chilies ( I will use this in the future). Added regular green peppers/garlic and onions pre cooked, also some chopped garlic and Worcestershire sauce. I have to say my wife was not into this....once she tasted it, she said it was the best beans she ever tasted.....thanks for all your help jcam222 jcam222 can't wait to do it right and smoke it!
keto beans.jpg

paired with Sirloin cap marinated in fresh mango/pineapple and yoshitos thx BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma
keto bean plate.jpg
keto bean plate.jpg

OK the the last shot shows the West Indie hot sauce I used to kick up the beans and steak. I am a chili head and this sauce is great on a most things...hot, tasty but not blow your head off hot....at least to me......YMMV

OK the the last shot shows the West Indie hot sauce I used to kick up the beans and steak. I am a chili head and this sauce is great on a most things...hot, tasty but not blow your head off hot....at least to me......YMMV
Glad you liked it. I really like the the chipotle in it. I actually now use a couple big spoons of Dellasandro Chipotle Morita paste. Funny thing , my wife hates beans in general and she also loves these.

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky