Beef tender loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all,
A couple days ago I found some beef tender loin for 13.00 a pound. Half the cost elsewhere. So I figured why not give it a try?

PA020002.JPG

Gave them a good shot of course pepper and a bacon dress. My initial idea was to grill these. But after working on the dining room all day. I just didn't want to mess around getting
the grill going. So these were started in a CI pan on the stove to 125 IT. Then in the broiler to finish and get the bacon crispy.
Served with deep fried steak fries. Came out really good. The steaks were fork tender at just past med. rare. How the boss likes them.

PA020004.JPG

Very Nice Steve! Not seeing that for $13/lb here that is for sure. But do have some Tritips (untrimmed) That a friend picked up at a Costco in Santa Monica for $7.99/lb. Should be flown in today when she lands.

Any true American would be thrilled sitting down to that plate Steve, big Like! Where are your green veggies? You wanna have to get vitamin shots? Eat your veggies! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Looks real great Steve!
I haven’t bought any meat in months.
The prices are just outrageous!
I do have a couple of freezers full of meat so we are kinda going back to our vegetarian diet that we followed most of our lives, so I pull a piece of meat out of the freezer maybe once a week. Otherwise we eat veggies, beans & pasta. Although when the cool weather finally gets here, I’m sure the smokers will be fired up, WITH MEAT!
Al

Beer has hops in it. Isn't that a veggie?
I like how you think!

Looks like some good eats steve, probably more enjoyable at 13 a pound
Thanks Jim! It was. I should have bought more. It was every bit as good as the 27.00 pound loin.

Looks great Steve.
Thank you!

Very Nice Steve! Not seeing that for $13/lb here that is for sure. But do have some Tritips (untrimmed) That a friend picked up at a Costco in Santa Monica for $7.99/lb. Should be flown in today when she lands.
Thanks! I was quite happy to see it at this price. TT? Shoot, here it is 20.00 a pound if you can find it.

Great looking cook. I'd not turn it down
Jim
Thanks Jim!

Any true American would be thrilled sitting down to that plate Steve, big Like! Where are your green veggies? You wanna have to get vitamin shots? Eat your veggies! RAY
Thanks Ray! Yeah, veggies were a afterthought. I was planning on a salad. But I'm making up for it today. Having Coldslaw with dinner.

Hey, Hey , taters are a veggie! :emoji_grin:
True! Lol!

Isnt bacon a veggie also
It is as far as I'm concerned!

Looks real great Steve!
I haven’t bought any meat in months.
The prices are just outrageous!
I do have a couple of freezers full of meat so we are kinda going back to our vegetarian diet that we followed most of our lives, so I pull a piece of meat out of the freezer maybe once a week. Otherwise we eat veggies, beans & pasta. Although when the cool weather finally gets here, I’m sure the smokers will be fired up, WITH MEAT!
Al
Thanks Al! I've been stocking up on meat again. Looks like it'll get scarce...and even more $$$ Been slicing and packing most of today. 40 pounds of pork loin, 35 pounds of chicken breasts, 30 pounds of chuckies, and 15 pounds of burger. Freezer full = lighter wallet!!

That's a fine looking plate of food right there Steve. Believe me buddy, I'm all too familiar recently with the concept of not really having the energy or gumption to make a meal. You just do what you gotta do and as often as not it comes out great....as yours did.

Isnt bacon a veggie also

Yes sir Jim. Bacon encompasses ALL food groups. If your meal is lacking something that's noted as a daily requirement, just add bacon and you're all set :emoji_laughing:

Robert

That's a fine looking plate of food right there Steve. Believe me buddy, I'm all too familiar recently with the concept of not really having the energy or gumption to make a meal. You just do what you gotta do and as often as not it comes out great....as yours did.

Yes sir Jim. Bacon encompasses ALL food groups. If your meal is lacking something that's noted as a daily requirement, just add bacon and you're all set :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Bud! And bacon does exactly that. Covers all the requirements!

The older I get the more I love my CI. Looks great...JJ

Looks Excellent, Steve!!
And a Great Price, as long as it's not Australian!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Great looking meal Steve!
Thanks Joe!

Very nice! The CI always does good!
Thank you!

The older I get the more I love my CI. Looks great...JJ
Thanks!

Looks Excellent, Steve!!
And a Great Price, as long as it's not Australian!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks! I don't see much Australian beef here. But we get Mexican. Which tends to be lean. This was raised and harvested in the USA.

13 bucks a pound, came from a rustled or stolen cow! Beef prices are astronomical stupid.
I know! If it was. I'm not saying a thing!

Its more like $27.00 a pound here and that's Canadian Lol

Nice plate there Steve ,no problem with having a plate of that
I take Bacon as a Daily Supplement instead of my Flintstones vitamins

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky