Beef Rib Short ? Dino ? do not know

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aw Maaaan-----That looks Awesome!!!!

You had to throw a BearView in too, didn't you?!?!

Darn----There goes another Keyboard floating down the river!!!  
drool.gif

Bear

X2 on the short rib for my guess.

Looks great Cal!

Thanks for the heads up on the smoke.  Maybe a good place to try some mesquite for the 2 hours not foiled.  I can't wait to try this one.  Thanks for posting!

Good luck and good smoking.

icon_cool.gif

Yepper those are the real dinobones. Long bone short ribs. I have found them at Restaurant Depot and they come out really nice and alot of meat to.

Now theses are some Dino Bones.

afa08b7e_PrimeBone017.jpg

At that size, no short rib, unless it was a long boned "uncut" short rib.

You can ever marinate then grill these to a nice 135º internal, then rest and eat.

That is what they are.  mballi3011 shows them in the post above yours.  I used to buy them at Penn Dutch Meats, but now like he said, Restaurant Depot carries them. 

I think I've seen that pic of yours before.  Damn that looks good!

Actually, short ribs and long ribs come from two different parts of the steer:

8f104649_foreribsidewdesc.jpg

Short ribs come from the rib section when you trim off the length of the rib just below the ribeye;

9fe18fbe_shortribs.jpg

beef short ribs

long bone ribs come off the Arm Shoulder section once you cut the short arm roast from the cross rib roast (at rib 1):

c9983d25_roundboneshoulderroast.jpg

short arm roast

965016ad_chuckcrossrib.jpg

cross rib roast

you remove the long bone ribs off the shoulder roast:

3ea77b8c_longbonearmribs.jpg

long bone shoulder arm ribs

and that's where the two come from!

I have to do these again, just not at $13.00/lb like the last Crazy Short Rib Adventure...JJ

Last edited:
Thanks Pops!!!

That really helps a lot, especially for us woodworkers!!!

You make it so much easier!!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky