Beef and Pepper sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Been buying whole eye rounds , cut in thirds , season with Canadian steak seasoning then vac packing and in the freezer . Works great for going from freezer to the SV pot .
EDIT 131 for 29 hours
I usually do this as a second meal , but this time took from the pot and built the sandwich .
Here's some a few pics ,
Got some peppers and onions goin ,
20200509_180729.jpg

Eye round out of SV . No reason to sear
20200509_184835.jpg

Sliced ,
20200509_185020.jpg
Cut the bread . I smash down the inside .
20200509_183837.jpg
Add some thin sliced Swiss on the bottom .
20200509_184113.jpg
Pile in some beef ,
20200509_185324.jpg
Then add some peppers and onions
20200509_185403.jpg
I had some beef broth with minced onions and garlic
in a simmer on the stove . Added the drippings from the bag and boiled
for a minute , then poured over the sandwich . That's why I put the cheese on the bottom .

Had some bag fries from the 360 and chowed down .

20200509_185524.jpg
This came out fantastic . Portion size was good too .
These always come out good , but this one was over the top .
Thanks for lookin .

Last edited:
Looks good.

Last one I did was Mississippi style in the SV. One of my favorite ways.

I too buy whole eye rounds. Its my go to jerky meat. I also cut it into thirds vac pack and freeze.

Reactions: chopsaw
Nothing like a hot sub run through the garden. You can never have too much sauted veggies. They go fast.

Reactions: chopsaw
You did it AGAIN. Pretty much exactly what I want to do before I had a chance to do it. Also plan to do a pork loin and broccoli rabe just like this.

LOL I meant to ask, temp and time on the eye?
Hmmm , I know I had that in there . Must have got caught up in an edit .
I did 131 for 29 hours . Usually do 24 . Not sure I noticed a difference , since it was sliced thin .

Reactions: zwiller
I could easily see myself dipping a sammy or two into that broth and chowing down chop.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky