Beautiful day to grill.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
For upstate NY. Having a sunny 70 degree day in November is a treat. And I took advantage of it.
Marinated some skinless, boneless chicken thighs in some Brazilian marinade. And grilled with charcoal and hickory chips.
And whipped up a seafood salad. That was just a box of suddenly salad with fake crab and medium shrimp. No build shots . Sorry.
The dinner was fantastic!

PB050006.jpg

Looks good Steve. What's the Brazilian marinade you're using? I've been trying several different things with thighs on the grill lately, and looking for something with stronger and different flavors. Glad the weather was nice enough for you. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: pa42phigh
Looks good Steve. What's the Brazilian marinade you're using? I've been trying several different things with thighs on the grill lately, and looking for something with stronger and different flavors. Glad the weather was nice enough for you. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Mike. I've used this many times for chicken, steak, and pork. It has a great flavor. I add a couple Tbs of red wine vinegar to it as well.

A1zuzvyrfpL._SL1500_.jpg

OK great, thanks, I'll look for this, we love Brazilian Steakhouses. Back when we could go out to restaurants, lol. If I can find this around here, I suspect it will add new layers of flavor and fun to my cooking and food.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Steve H
That's a fine looking plate of yardbird Steve, Like! I'm going to find that marinade and give it a shot, be nice to try out some new flavors, thanks for posting it. RAY

Looks like it was a tasty meal Steve, this weather is great I could take another 3 months of this, but all good things will come to an end

Great looking steak Steve! I’ve used that Brazilian marinade and it’s good. Good with chicken and shrimp too!

Love this weather we’re having! I’ll be like a bee out of the hive this weekend.

Great looking meal Steve. Gotta try that marinade.
I also took advantage of some 70° weather
Pack of drums ,6 hrs in Slaughter House brine. Rinsed well and seasoned with Vodoo.
20201105_140601.jpg

Pellet pooper set at 350° , 1/2 tube of Char Hickory. Took 50 mins to get to 175°.
20201105_170710.jpg

Edible skin, not quite as crispy as would have liked. A bit salty after brining and Vodoo but still very tasty.
Garden fresh Yukon Gold and iceberg salad.
20201105_171516.jpg

Looks awesome! Ive used a bunch of those McCormick marinade packets and they have all been good! I'll have to give the Brazilian one a try. But I'm "suddenly" craving that pasta salad with the shrimp and imitation crab! As simple as it is .....it sounds realy good right now. Nice work Steve I'm glad you had some nice weather to get out and enjoy

sure looks great Steve! We've had the same weather all week and through the weekend...it's been nice.

Ryan

Nice job Steve!
The meal looks delicious!
Al
Thanks Al!

I bet those are good with the Brazilian marinade. Well done Steve!
Thank you!

Looks like it was a tasty meal Steve, this weather is great I could take another 3 months of this, but all good things will come to an end
Thanks Jim!

Great looking steak Steve! I’ve used that Brazilian marinade and it’s good. Good with chicken and shrimp too!

Love this weather we’re having! I’ll be like a bee out of the hive this weekend.
Thanks! I'll have to give that a try on shrimp.

Looks awesome! Ive used a bunch of those McCormick marinade packets and they have all been good! I'll have to give the Brazilian one a try. But I'm "suddenly" craving that pasta salad with the shrimp and imitation crab! As simple as it is .....it sounds realy good right now. Nice work Steve I'm glad you had some nice weather to get out and enjoy
Thanks Travis!

sure looks great Steve! We've had the same weather all week and through the weekend...it's been nice.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

Way to take advantage of the nice weather Steve. Loving the concept of the seafood salad with the chicken...which looks absolutely amazing by the way. Excellent job!!

Robert

For upstate NY. Having a sunny 70 degree day in November is a treat. And I took advantage of it.
Marinated some skinless, boneless chicken thighs in some Brazilian marinade. And grilled with charcoal and hickory chips.
And whipped up a seafood salad. That was just a box of suddenly salad with fake crab and medium shrimp. No build shots . Sorry.
The dinner was fantastic!

View attachment 469579
Looks good. Sadly, I needed to out ours away two weeks ago with how weather was and when my daughter was available to help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky