bbq guru question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdh8707

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Evansville IL
at the moment i have a 22.5'' wsm that i run with the 'party Q' (6.5 cfm) and i love it! but im getting ready to purchase another wsm and obviously, i want another guru. my question is, should i buy another party q or upgrade to the digiQ with the 10 cfm fans and control both cookers with the one unit?

and has anyone used the 10 cfm fans on the wsm?
Thanks

I run a 10 cfm on my WSM and never use the whole thing.

Most of the time it runs half open.

yeah thats the answer ive generally come across. i think ill just stick with the party q. although i wish i could run it on a seperate power source than AA $$ batteries.

Welcome to the Forum!

I just ordered the BBQ Guru Digi Q DX2 from Firecraft (cheeper the going through the guru company and free shipping)

I have a pork butt marinating in Mojo, and I just can't wait...I won't sleep for the next couple nights.

thanks for the welcome!!

i ended up ordering the digiQ with the 10 cfm fan. and i love it on my 22.5. so now i run tye party q on my 18.5 and it works great as well.
im goin to do a couple butts this weekend myself and cant wait!! what are you marinating with? injections? and what kind of rub are you goi to use?

When I bought my DigiQ II for my 18.5" WSM, I also bought a 10cfm fan.  No problems, and you can always throttle it down by closing the fan damper as needed.  Been using mine for 4 or 5 years and would highly recommend one to anybody with a WSM.  About as close to set and forget as you can be.

I have a carolina grill offset, and I ordered a Digi Q with the 25CFM fan.

I have the butt marainating in Goya MOJO, which is sour orange juice, garlic, oragano, and cummin.

I will then rub it in my own rub and smoke it with my Venturi smoke generator. Should be a nice weekend!

I will try and capture it on my Ipad and show it on the forum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky