Bacon & Sausage kind a day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdiver40

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Concord NC.
OK I tried to post this once before and now I cant find it? Hope I didn't double post it.

Anyway, I got up this morning and got busy with some bacon and Sausage.
I got about 16-17 lbs a bacon smoking over some cherry dust.

Ground up 2 Boston Butts along with some side fat to make breakfast sausage. 21lbs total. Sampled the sausage and it turned out really well.
Just hoping the bacon turns out half as good and i'll be a very happy camper!

2cac4d4f_IMAG0171.jpg

56ad9cab_IMAG0172.jpg

3732a6f0_IMAG0176.jpg

What temp are you at with that bacon?  I have what looks like the same setup with my MB GS40 (with the cast iron), and I have trouble keeping chunks from going up in flames let alone dust.

I'd love to see pics of that bacon when done, all sliced up and whatnot.

Lookin good!

I mostly cold smoked the bacon with the AMNPS. Even at my lowest setting with the door cracked open, the temps will jump above 175 very quick. So I would fire it up until it reached 150-175 then shut it down for an hour or so. Done a taste test last night and it was pretty good. Will slice it up later today and get some q-view posted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

What temp are you at with that bacon?  I have what looks like the same setup with my MB GS40 (with the cast iron), and I have trouble keeping chunks from going up in flames let alone dust.

I'd love to see pics of that bacon when done, all sliced up and whatnot.

Lookin good!

If you can make something to set on top of your chip pan  that has a lot of holes in it you can  keep the smoke flowing out but it will inhibit the flare ups, I have seen people use, SS colanders  up side down, just a thought

popcorn.gif

pepsi.gif
 I'll be sitting here waiting for the results...

How did you cure the bacon and did you make links or patties from the sausage?

popcorn.gif

pepsi.gif
 I'll be sitting here waiting for the results...

How did you cure the bacon and did you make links or patties from the sausage?
I cured the bacon using Pop's brine recipe. This is the 2nd time I have used it and it does a great job. I'm hoping to build a small smoke house in the near future so I can do some dry curing this fall / winter.  The sausage I packaged into 1lb. bags. I'll make patties out of it when the time comes. 

8f44dd5f_IMAG0179.jpg

a67dc936_IMAG0184.jpg

2d7b88bb_IMAG0185.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky