Baby Back Ribs!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What great looking baby back ribs!  I love the detailed step-by-step....very helpful!

Thanks for the fabulous q-view!

Clarissa

I am going to be doing my first ever smoke this weekend and its gonna be baby backs! Could you post what you used for ingredients for your rub? Or anything you recommend. I know there is a lot out there, but that looks good!!

Very nice. I made up some babybacks this weekend also, but yours look better.

Glad to see you're making up for lost time!
Thank You Mneeley!!!

Bear
icon14.gif
 Nice looking chow, Bear! 

How are you coming along with your health? It's nice to see you posting again!!

biggrin.gif
 When you have some free time, hunt down your buddy Al and get his butt back on SMF again. 
Thanks Joe!!!

I really don't like talking about it, because they really got me screwed up, but I'll give a brief run-down:

My right leg & foot has been numb since the operations.(Makes walking difficult)

My BP in my left arm averages 50 points higher than my right arm. (Dizzy much of the time)

I take Lasik & Matolozone to keep the fluids from accumulating in my lungs & around my heart.

Then I take Potassium to keep the Lasik from screwing up my Kidneys.

But the worst is the very large Aneurysms in my descending thoracic aorta.

Also, since November 8th, nothing smells or tastes very good.

As for SmokinAl, the last time I heard from him was a long time ago, he went to Ohio to be with family. Then he disappeared.

Bear

Thanks for the step by step and pictures of those great looking baby back's. Here is something to look for as far as rib prices. I do all the cooking so i do all the shopping. I dont know if you folks have a Super Target around or if they do the same ad's accross the country but here in the Twin Cities area every year Target has a rib add the week before Memorial Day and the week before Labor Day. Last year they had baby backs for 2.79 lb. limit of 6 [Hormel]. sometimes they have St. Louis ribs as well or sub them if they run out of BB's. Walmart and our local Cubs and Rainbow stores are also getting into the act.  Not familiar with prices accross the country but if you have a Target check it out the week before Memorial Day. Reinhard

Reactions: dert
I am going to be doing my first ever smoke this weekend and its gonna be baby backs! Could you post what you used for ingredients for your rub? Or anything you recommend. I know there is a lot out there, but that looks good!!
Thank You!!!

I actually used two different rubs on these. One was from a friend, and the other from a friend of my Son. They were both great. I don't know their ingredients, but I like most rubs. As for store bought, I like most of McCormick's, except for their Montreal crap----to me it tastes like salty cardboard chips.

Bear

Reactions: gary s
Bear, I buy BB ribs at Sams Club for a little over $3 per pound. You should check into a membership. Boston Butts are $1.29 per pound. They went down in price. We used to pay $1.59 per pound for butts.

Just thought I would let you know....RTB....
biggrin.gif

Thanks Bear 

Hang in there buddy, things will get better for you!

It's one day at a time for all of us...

Nice looking ribs, did some couple of weekends ago and we also like them falling off the bone.
Thanks Slinger!!!

Bear
Thanks for the step by step and pictures of those great looking baby back's. Here is something to look for as far as rib prices. I do all the cooking so i do all the shopping. I dont know if you folks have a Super Target around or if they do the same ad's accross the country but here in the Twin Cities area every year Target has a rib add the week before Memorial Day and the week before Labor Day. Last year they had baby backs for 2.79 lb. limit of 6 [Hormel]. sometimes they have St. Louis ribs as well or sub them if they run out of BB's. Walmart and our local Cubs and Rainbow stores are also getting into the act.  Not familiar with prices accross the country but if you have a Target check it out the week before Memorial Day. Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard !!!

I appreciate that.

Bear

Bear, I buy BB ribs at Sams Club for a little over $3 per pound. You should check into a membership. Boston Butts are $1.29 per pound. They went down in price. We used to pay $1.59 per pound for butts.

Just thought I would let you know....RTB....
biggrin.gif
Thanks RTBBQ2!!!!

We used to have a membership, but we rarely drove that far, so we left it expire.

Bear
Thanks Bear 

Hang in there buddy, things will get better for you!

It's one day at a time for all of us...
Thank You !!

Bear

I do have to agree with RTBBQ2 that Sam's does have good deals on the ribs. Now here they put them 3 to a pack which is good especially if you are having a big gathering.

Bearcarver,

Thanks for your detailed postings.  I'm working through your brisket recipe and will try these baby back ribs tomorrow too!

Rudy

Bearcarver,

Thanks for your detailed postings.  I'm working through your brisket recipe and will try these baby back ribs tomorrow too!

Rudy

Did a rack of baby backs and pork shoulder for pulled pork. 3-2-1 for the ribs. Mustard and homemade rub on them and just rub on the shoulder. My best smoke so far!! Everything turned out great! I may not complete my mods after all. Although, I may have a true stick burner in my TMLE. Temp adjustments were easier and way less frequent. Plus, you can't go wrong with good wood. Apple and hickory was mostly used. Looking for someone with some pecan.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky