Authentic Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
OK I starting to get to my posting limit:emoji_wink: One last one. After finding 2 bags of shrimp I did not know I had and have 2 new bags I needed to start getting these ate up and this a great way to do it. I bring a pot of water to boil and add some crab boil. I add the shrimp take off the heat and wait 10 minutes. Shrimp nicely cooked and seasoned.

⅓ cup Spanish onion, chopped
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 pound chilled cooked medium shrimp - peeled, deveined, and tails removed
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 ½ cups chilled tomato and clam juice cocktail (such as Clamato®)
1 cup chilled ketchup (such as Heinz®)
1 bunch fresh cilantro - stems discarded and leaves chopped
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and chopped

IMG_20230701_160528451.jpg

Last edited:
You did a real good job on that.

Heck ya Brian!! I'm doing this today if I can find the things needed in this tiny burg I'm staying at. Looks and sounds awesome!

Last edited:
Well Brian, you've gone and combined two of my favorite food groups: shrimp cocktail and Mexican food. What's not to love? That sounds amazing buddy.

Robert

Looks great! Brian I think you just earned more posting threads!

Ryan

Reactions: Steve H
In San Antonio, and other places, it's called a campechana. I make ours with oysters (if in season) shrimp and maybe crawfish tails. Mixed in with pico de gallo, cocktail sauce, horseradish, and sliced avocados.

Reactions: jcam222 and 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky