Anyone use this??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
I was doing my daily at FL and came across a shopping cart full of this.

20230310_155800.jpg
20230310_155803.jpg

I am normally a KF guy but I have been sliding over to lump hardwood. For $.90 a bag, I grabbed it up..all of it.
Any two cents will be appreciated.

No idea but can't go wrong at that price!

Ryan
Yup. I'd buy water soaked diesel fuel at that price
I have seen it, but never used it,, but at that price, I'd have bought it all, too...
If I didn't buy it.. it was headed to the dumpster. Shame to waste.. I can use it.
Let us know what you think about it. Heck if it burns and add flavor for that price your way a head.

Jim
Will do. I like to try different things.. Going on with TNJAKE TNJAKE , I don't believe spicing charcoal will make a difference..
I tried it. Smelled good. Didn't add any flavor to the food. But you scored at that price
Price per pound.. Yup

Reactions: TNJAKE and JLeonard
It doesn't seem to be very popular. I've seen it deeply discounted here, too. Haven't tried it, though.

I think the regular price is about 5.00/bag. So that's a killer score.

Chris

Never used those , but I have some from Owens that are rosemary . Used them mixed in with beech on some cured turkey parts . There was something there that made me take notice .
I'd be all over those . I'll need to go look tomorrow and see if they have them here .

I was doing my daily at FL and came across a shopping cart full of this.

View attachment 659830View attachment 659831

I am normally a KF guy but I have been sliding over to lump hardwood. For $.90 a bag, I grabbed it up..all of it.
Any two cents will be appreciated.
I run into this on clearance a few months bsck at Kroger. Was a whole cart. I just pushed the entire shopping cart to checkout lol. I don’t use pellets but had two friends that were thrilled with the deal.

Was a whole cart. I just pushed the entire shopping cart to checkout lol. I don’t use pellets but had two friends that were thrilled with the deal.
Exactly what i did..

I got them over a barrel the other day again. London broil was $5.99 /lb. the only problem was they printed the signs to say $5.99 ea. I held them to it. I was decent enough to only buy two of them before they took the signs down. Made some awesome chili colorado yesterday with them..
20230309_214701.jpg

20230309_214658.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky