Any Waffle Recipes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dive Bar Casanova

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 3, 2021
I was towing a trailer of off road toys down the the West Coast. I stopped off for a rest when a biker group asked if I could fit in one of their members broken bikes on the trailer and drop it off at their clubhouse.

Sure.
When I rolled up to the clubhouse I was invited in and they were having a Bloody Mary and waffle breakfast.
An Amazing waffle, in my mind been the standard since.

Anyone have a good waffle recipe?

I don't have a full recipe . I use a box mix and sub in masa harina for half the flour .

My Daughter makes them from scratch , and uses sour cream in both waffles and pancakes . They're pretty good , but like I said , I don't have a full recipe .

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
The closest thing to a waffle I like is in cone fashion - Sorry

Biker gang on the west coast. Did you have a choice in helping out.

Chris
Not a 1% club but close and really cool guys.
I’ve been in a pickle a few times where kind folks and stopped and saved me.

Brakes locked up on the toy hauler and a passing Good Samaritan stopped and we got them unlocked.

I slid down the side of a sand dune on a quad once and was in a really bad situation.
One hell of a MX rider appeared and got that quad on top the dune and me outta harms way.

Google maps said turn here and it was the wrong turn and suddenly we had a GMC and 22.000 lb Toy Hauler frame deep in quick sand.
A Jeep club appeared and pulled us out,,

A drunk in a dune buggy blindly jumped a dune and slammed into a friends ride.
A kind stranger in a mini suv showed up and towed friend out.

I return the favor - play it forward.

Last edited:
The wife and I used to go to a certain AI resort in Puerto Vallarta, where one of the breakfast items was fresh made waffles. I know that doesn't sound very new or exciting, but there was something about these that transcended the experience. I could never quite put my finger on how they made them taste so amazing. The closest I could get was that they had a slight caramel taste (perhaps made with local raw sugar or agave?), but something else too. They were always extremely popular with the guests, and everyone had to wait in line to get them. Unfortunately, the resort was bought out by a big corporation, and they went with a what was probably a cheaper waffle mix. They were never the same after that. :emoji_disappointed:

I don't make them anymore as it's been ages since I had a waffle maker. I actually had one out of an old diner until I got rid of it. It was a big double beast, and took up a lions share of countertop so eventually I was just like..... f it

Find a basic recipe and sub cream instead of milk. 1/2 and half at the very least. That was how I did it. The extra fat gives it that OMG crisp you don't get with milk.

My wife just picked up one of the Dash waffle makers at Costco. I used a pancake mix but added in finely chopped Granny Smith apple pieces, cinnamon and vanilla. They were pretty tasty.

2024_waffles_001.jpg

If you have a sourdough starter these are my go to recipe from breadtopia. I was lazy last weekend and bought a box of Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix. Did not like them. I like my waffles crispy on the outside. The best bought one is Carbon's Golden Malted but cant get local anymore.

Last edited:
We love waffles! (pancakes too)
Here is our recipe:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

First, beat eggs till fluffy. Add the eggs to a mixture of flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.

Banjo man out.

I was towing a trailer of off road toys down the the West Coast. I stopped off for a rest when a biker group asked if I could fit in one of their members broken bikes on the trailer and drop it off at their clubhouse.

Sure.
When I rolled up to the clubhouse I was invited in and they were having a Bloody Mary and waffle breakfast.
An Amazing waffle, in my mind been the standard since.

Anyone have a good waffle recipe?
2 large eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 ¾ cups milk

½ cup vegetable oil

1 tablespoon white sugar

4 teaspoons baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

this one always worked great for my family

Here is our recipe:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

First, beat eggs till fluffy. Add the eggs to a mixture of flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.

Banjo man out.
just sent to mama for Easter breffus. while i prepare the rib roast
Garcias
john

Here is our recipe:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Banjo man out.
and a good recipe it is:

IMG_5055.JPG

It's a bit time consuming, but these are the best waffles I have ever made​

Belgian Waffles

Ingredients​

4 egg, separated
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 tbl butter melted
1 cup flour

Instructions​

1. Beat egg whites until stiff, moist peak forms, set aside
2. combine egg yolks, sugar, salt, beat until thick
3. stir in milk, vanilla, and butter
4. add flour, stirring constantly, blend well
5. gently fold in egg whites
6. cook on Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturers directions
7. serve with powder sugar, or whipped cream and strawberries

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky