Another 250 gallon RF Build Thread (My first build)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am the kind of guy that once I start something I want it finished. Not everyone has the tools and equipment to do these like I do! I admire the guys the do these builds with limited equipment and time no way could I do that. My business is seasonal and picks up mid February so it was important to get this done before then. Thank you and everyone else for the nice comments.

One more
buhy6u3e.jpg

Turned out really nice, I like it. Post some pictures when you fire it up. I probably just missed it , but what size stack did you go with ? 

Gary

I already have ideas for the door weight and other raised plate decorations...US Flag, Missouri outline, team name etc....but the Pig will be there for the weight.....by the way our team name is " Well, I'll Be A Pig's Ass!"

Last edited:
Great looking build. How is the paint holding up? Did you have to use a primer with it? I'm fixing to sand blast mine to repaint. Looking for something different for paint instead of just the high temp stuff at lowes.

Great looking build. How is the paint holding up? Did you have to use a primer with it? I'm fixing to sand blast mine to repaint. Looking for something different for paint instead of just the high temp stuff at lowes.
We just painted it so don't know how it will hold up. The paint was fairly thick and labeled "Do not use thinner" I have a good feeling about the durability. Sherman Williams said I did not need to use a primer so we did not. I wiped tank off real good with lacquer thinner before painting.

AWESOME BUILD. This is by far one of my favorites to follow. I am still gathering materials for my first build (its hard to buy stuff when you in between jobs). I hope after I can get mine going it turns out at least half this nice. Well done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky