And....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pretty simple. I mounted a Smoki to the back rear of the box and took a 1" piece of stainless tubing and drilled a hole every inch. two holes I through drilled and tapped the box. fitted it together and lit it. 

I also stuffed a stainless steel scrub pad in the end for back pressure but not a total block.

Last edited:

It looks good!

Have you tried it out yet?

Al
Not yet, Ive got six racks of ribs and some sausage to smoke friday, I mainly wanted it to add smoke to my pellet cooks and of course cold smoke. If its cool saturday I'll do up some cheese as well.

Well it looks looks like Im going to be cold smoking only with this contraption. One thing I didn't actually figure out was the cfm put out by the fans vs the pressure allowed to escape the chimney. makes perfect sense when I think about all the conversions Dave has about chimney size. The smoker is under positive pressure and the venturi design of the smoki doesn't allow for that. It pretty much ends up looking like this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky