Pork butt 1/2 weekend smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DEERMAKER

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2024
NORTHEASTERN PA
Im getting a 1/2 butt ready to smoke long and slow after 1/2 day rest in frig
Chilerelleno's help and recipe is leading the way here! Thanks again all the help!
Keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_4351.jpeg
    IMG_4351.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4353.jpeg
    IMG_4353.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4354.jpeg
    IMG_4354.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 16
Looks good , watching. and you can't go wrong with Johns help.

I also just stuck one in a bucket of peach and lemon juice for the night
Smoke tomorrow, now that I have a path to the Smokers Shed.

David

That flavor mix has my interest haha

Just trying something different. ^ cups of strong peach juice and 4 tablespoons of " Real lemon" juice
Soak for the night and smoke tomorrow , not sure of the rub base yet. Might use some lemon salt plus pepper etc.

And sorry I do not mean to take away from your post that I am following

David

Attachments

• DSC_9330.JPG
    DSC_9330.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_9334.JPG
    DSC_9334.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 11
Just trying something different. ^ cups of strong peach juice and 4 tablespoons of " Real lemon" juice
Soak for the night and smoke tomorrow , not sure of the rub base yet. Might use some lemon salt plus pepper etc.

And sorry I do not mean to take away from your post that I am following

David
Be sure let us know your take on the outcome !

Focus.
Your are on a path chosen. Get it smoked and pulled. I'm a big fan of smoking to the stall at roughly 170° then into a foil pan, wrap and finish in the oven at 300° Collecting the meat and fat juice is a must to add back into the pulled meat.
I have 15# of pork butt in the fridge and was planning to grind all of it. You inspired me to take off a piece for pulled pork for next week.

Focus.
Your are on a path chosen. Get it smoked and pulled. I'm a big fan of smoking to the stall at roughly 170° then into a foil pan, wrap and finish in the oven at 300° Collecting the meat and fat juice is a must to add back into the pulled meat.
I have 15# of pork butt in the fridge and was planning to grind all of it. You inspired me to take off a piece for pulled pork for next week.

So I finished smoke
Focus.
Finished it! 12 hrs later at 195-
Yanked it, wrapped in foil and put in freezer grocery bag. Opened it up 4 hrs later. Still warm lol. Omg crazy smell nice dense and crisp outer shell. Not overly smoked it just fell apart super juicy and tender Used the tray with apple pellets that i will soon hopefully be using in my larger mailbox addition smoker
My dad mom and sis stopped by. Took lots home lol. Reason to make another. Love this forum and the guys in it. TY
Don

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 6
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky