AMNPS - Using Todd's dust while hot smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My dad always told me " guns are a never bad investment, they always go up in value". I have two 10 gun and a 12 gun cabinents full.

Last edited:
  You also  can make dust from pellets by adding some hot water to them, then stir them up. Down side though is you will need to dry dust  then in an oven or in the sun on a dry day.

A G K

You also  can make dust from pellets by adding some hot water to them, then stir them up. Down side though is you will need to dry dust  then in an oven or in the sun on a dry day.
A G K

I like the water idea.... would produce a better dust I am thinking..... better sized particles....

I like the water idea.... would produce a better dust I am thinking..... better sized particles....
  I should have added in my post that I used room temp water that worked, but think hot water would give you a head start on drying. Lost notes I made but think it was less than half as much water as pellets. 4 cups pellets made about 12 cups wet dust. Keep as dry as possible for shorter drying time.

Was also wondering if nearby high pressure system would make for better burning than a nearby low which usually has a higher moisture content than a high pressure does. Anyone with a weather background, please comment.

A G K

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky