New at smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sacrabtree

Original poster
Howdy! We bought a Traeger smoker last month and have been enjoying figuring it out. First try was a brisket which needed a couple more hours at low temp, so the next day threw it back on and it was MUCH better. Did pork ribs twice; first time a bit chewy, second time perfect. Smoked a whole chicken and while I knew it was completely cooked, had a hard time with the pink color. Made chicken soup out of most of it. Today did a trial run TDay turkey, 11 pounds, and it was awesome. Brined it (done that 3 years in a row), buttered, seasoned, smoked at 350. Perfect! Yes, pink, but emotionally handled it better than did with the chicken.

I do all the cooking along with bread baking, preserving, some dessert baking, and grilling. My husband wanted the smoker so I do the prep and he puts the meat onto the grill. When it's done he takes it off and I plate it for the table. Everyone's happy.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome, glad to have you join us. This is the best place to learn and there are a bunch of good folks who will gladly help you and answer all your questions.

By the way, we like pictures...:emoji_grinning:

Welcome aboard. Sounds like your hooked on smoke

Chris

Welcome from Mississippi! We like show and tell around here. Look forward to seeing your post and pics.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky