AMAZE-N-SMOKER Peach Smoked Atlantic Salmon with a Sweet Garlic marinade & Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wingman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 18, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Hi all...

Due to prepping and staining my deck and porch I have been divorced from my smokers for the last week. Now that the staining is done... I had a chance to make some smoke.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Here is my last nights smoke. I filled my 8x8 AMAZE-N-SMOKER with some peach dust. This was after I nuked it in the microwave for 50 seconds to drive out any moisture. I had bacon cooking on my Traeger so I put the Salmon filet's in MY GOSM with the SMAZE-N-SMOKER and let it cold smoke for about 1.5 hours until the bacon came off the Traeger.

I then transferred the cold smoker and the fish to my Traeger and mopped the Salmon filet's with the marinade listed below. It took about an hour @ 225 degrees and the Salmon had a nice firm texture to it. Firm but moist. This is a tasty marinade. I have used it a couple times before but forgot all about it. Found it in a text document on my PC when I was doing some clean up. I'm going to try it on chicken one of these days.

Man if felt good to do some smoking again!

Ingredients

Marinade:

2 Tbsp butter
6 Tsp Brown Sugar
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tsp Real Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Black Pepper

Salmon:

Garlic Powder - Just as dusting on Filet's
2 Salmon Fillet's

f06cd175_sweet-garlic-salmon1.jpg

d1f42bcd_sweet-garlic-salmon3.jpg

c47d766c_sweet-garlic-salmon4.jpg

edc4af71_sweet-garlic-salmon5.jpg

bb7bfa1a_sweet-garlic-salmon6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: smokingohiobutcher
Yummo!

That there's some fine tasting marinade!

Gotta be great!

Bear
Thanks guys...

It is an awesome marinade and I'm embarrassed to say I forgot about it.
icon_redface.gif
 When I ran across it.. I wanted to try it and ditched my chicken cook for a Salmon cook. Up here we get some nice fresh Salmon. My neighbor owns a restaurant and gets me choice full Salmons of the type I want for around $5.99 per lbs. That's the going rate these days. Go to one of our Safeways and its $10.99 a lbs which is what I did since it was a last minute attempt to try the marinade. Ouch! That hurt spending $10.99 per lbs.  

Thanks guys...

It is an awesome marinade and I'm embarrassed to say I forgot about it.
icon_redface.gif
 When I ran across it.. I wanted to try it and ditched my chicken cook for a Salmon cook. Up here we get some nice fresh Salmon. My neighbor owns a restaurant and gets me choice full Salmons of the type I want for around $5.99 per lbs. That's the going rate these days. Go to one of our Safeways and its $10.99 a lbs which is what I did since it was a last minute attempt to try the marinade. Ouch! That hurt spending $10.99 per lbs.  
Yeah, I figured you guys up there can get nice fresh ones. My favorite way to get them is FREE. The ones my son gets for me are running up the rivers in NY to spawn. They aren't falling apart like spawning Salmon in other parts of the country, because they only travel a couple miles from Lake Ontario, but they aren't too good unless they are smoked hard, like I do them. I tried other ways, and not too good.  Same thing with big trout---too oily & strong tasting. Trout 18" and below are great, no matter how you make them. It doesn't matter to me too much, because I love them hard smoked, but I may try your method when I get a couple worthy of that recipe.

Thanks for showing,

Bear

Nice job with the AMS. Cold smoke then throw on the smoker, no brine or cure, couldn't be much easier for smoked salmon quickly. Good looking salmon. I'll be trying this soon.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky