Al's garlic pickles.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I just had to try these. The only thing I changed was that I prefer cider vinegar. And I didn't have pickling salt. So I used Kosher. The mason jar vacuum gizmo is perfect for this!I forgot to take a pic of them in the ice water. I'll try to wait 5 days before I try one.

20190223_165227.jpg
20190223_171314 (1).jpg
20190223_172459.jpg

Your gonna love them!
BTW I just got one of those ball jar vacuum adapters.
I'm waiting for my dill plants to flower, then it will be pickle time here again.
I like to use the dill flowers instead of the leaves, but in a pinch, I've been know to use dried dill!
Al

Thank Al. I'll try the dill flower when they become available. Still in the deep freeze up this way.

I just had to try these. The only thing I changed was that I prefer cider vinegar. And I didn't have pickling salt. So I used Kosher. The mason jar vacuum gizmo is perfect for this!I forgot to take a pic of them in the ice water. I'll try to wait 5 days before I try one.

View attachment 388883 View attachment 388884 View attachment 388885

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. I have not seen Al’s recipe...definitely gonna need to check that out.

I’ve been looking at a new vacuum sealer. What is the jar attachment?

They are very good! Thanks for the recipe Al. I made another batch last night. 4 pound of cukes. This time I made them with pickling salt and fresh garlic, not the minced jar stuff.

20190228_171944.jpg

Does anyone know if the Ball Jar vacuum sealer thing will work with a Vac-Master 350?

Does anyone know if the Ball Jar vacuum sealer thing will work with a Vac-Master 350?
Does it have the acc button and a canister hose port ? Just FYI . The hose has male connections , the equipment is female .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky