3 loins = Bacon, 1 Maple, 2 Reg. ready for the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
3 loins = Bacon, 1 Maple, 2 Reg. ready for the smoker

So Canadian Bacon , or up here Back Bacon, either way should be good.

Picked up 3 nice loins , weighed them , figured the mix for each. Put mix right in the bag , then like shake and back , shock all over then rubbed it a lot into the pork right through the bags.

In the fridge and flip and massage everyday. So Start July28th - Aug 11th , will sit in fridge for the night until some time tomorrow

DSC_7946.JPG

My gazinta's from digging dog

DSC_7947.JPG

DSC_7948.JPG DSC_7949.JPG

1 as you can see looks a little different, I added 2 tablespoons of Maple Extract right in the bag , so it got all the rubbing with everything else.
We will see if this works this time as I did not want injection holes in the finished product.:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_thumbsup:

Now on the (11th of Aug.) Today out of the fridge and just a light rinse and pat dry. I trussed them up as I want them a little rounder as they fit on my burgers and breakfast sandwiches better. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_sunglasses:

DSC_8040.JPG DSC_8041.JPG

DSC_8042.JPG

Well they are into the fridge and i'm off to make a late supper , not bad only 8:30 here.

Stay tuned as the smoking will be tomorrow than a rest , and slicing after that

Will add on as I go.

David

Last edited:
In for the ride David , been awhile since I've done loin bacon.

Thanks Jeff for the like and the comment

It has been a while for me also. I kept meaning to put some on , but just saying next week.

So here we are, and what I should do is put more on right now, so I don't run out, because It does not last long,

David

Reactions: jcam222
Haven't had any luck getting flavors to go much beyond the surface of the meat. They just aren't taken in like the salt/cure mix is.

I know what you mean , I was going to inject , but changed my mind, and added more then I have before just to the bag,
Like you said maybe only taste on the outside edge.

David

Reactions: DougE
Nice and great timing. Watching on your recipes.
I need to make another batch of loin bacon. This round will be 1.5% salt as it will all be given away. (My personal loin is .5%.)
I do the bondage on my loins, too. I feel it makes the smoke and cook more uniform.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice and great timing. Watching on your recipes.
I need to make another batch of loin bacon. This round will be 1.5% salt as it will all be given away. (My personal loin is .5%.)
I do the bondage on my loins, too. I feel it makes the smoke and cook more uniform.

Thanks John for the comment

Love the bondage statement. But yes I mostly like it for the ease of using it when close to round.
I find the amounts I used are nice and not too salty and just sweet enough

David

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky