3.5lb Chuckie Brisket style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
3.5lb Chuckie Brisket style

Smoke tube with chips, on the Traeger 575
Custom rub, 3 equal parts black pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, 10% steak season, 10% salt

the whole story/pics in the link
indir.gif

https://share.fireboard.io/F40950

YES, it's in your account... it's your dashboard, sessions are auto created when you use Fireboard, you can edit the session with pics and notes as you go. All from your phone.
great way to keep track of your OWN cooks for future reference.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great . Did you tie a string around that ? Looks like you did .
I did it once as a test . Ended up with perfect slices , but would not pull . Internal temp was all the way to 211 . Cooled / rested with the string on . I always wondered if the string made that difference .
Thanks for posting .

Reactions: eaglewing
Did you tie a string around that ? Looks like you did .

YUP

but would not pull . Internal temp was all the way to 211 . Cooled / rested with the string on . I always wondered if the string made that difference .

I will say this, the time I didn't use a string, yes, it was falling apart while I tried to slice, I probably should have 'pulled' that one.

Reactions: chopsaw
eaglewing eaglewing I think we're onto something , or maybe it's the zip code . Just saw you're in St. Louis . You got me wanting to do it again .

1633273960644.jpeg

you're just right down 64 from me, I'm just outside the city limits off 44

I like your hood better than mine!!! ( I built that Fritz's Frozen Custard out there)

Reactions: chopsaw
you're just right down 64 from me, I'm just outside the city limits off 44

I like your hood better than mine!!! ( I built that Fritz's Frozen Custard out there)
That's not far from me . I'm north of 70 .
I've done a few jobs out that way . Addition on Kirkwood Middle school . Next to the magic house .
Did that assisted living complex in Sunset hills .
I've done a bunch more down 44 , but the shock treatments made me forget about 'em .

Reactions: eaglewing
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky