275 Oval Drum Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Amellion

Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
Hey everyone. I am new to the site and was wondering of anyone has an oval smoke with a firebox attached. Basically making a reverse flow smoker. My first one. I have seen several online and would like to see if anyone would be willing to share some photos of what they built. I like cooking and have been doing it for a while. Mainly doing charcoal slow cooks or with gas slow cooking. I want to upgrade and run with the TRUE cookers of the world and learn the art. To me sitting beside a cooker and smelling the hickory on a cool morning and warming up beside the firebox is truly heavenly feeling. Then the smell of the ribs, the briskets and butts is awesome. My goal is to do a whole hog after I figure out the system. Hope to hear back from some of you and look forward to sharing my creation here. Thanks

Reactions: JC in GB
This the drum I have. My apologies for not posting it in the first post.

Attachments

• 20191018_192216.jpg
    20191018_192216.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 40
Are you going to position the drum flat like a grill or vertical like a smoker cabinet?

I am thinking of going vertical to allow for more cooking room and easier removal of cooking grates and keep the cooking grate weight down so the surface can be cleaned easier as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky