sorry about that I did mean chip loader, and I guess I will leave it the way it is since it seems to work quite well like that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 7/20/16 at 2:19pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 6/12/16 at 8:49pm in Electric Smokers
- Pecan wood igniting in MES Last post on 11/28/12 at 11:23am in Woods for Smoking
- MES 40 electric smoking Ribs today. Water or not? Last post on 11/20/10 at 7:49pm in Pork
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
all MES model numbers - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The above description is inaccurate:
20070411 SS door/with window, 800 watt heating element, internal light, meat probe, remote control, wheels/handle, with heating element access door,small wood chip tray
I have this model and it comes with a LARGE wood chip tray but a Half wood chip loader.
Purchased at Cabelas Clearance sale in Maine.
Purchased at Bass Pro 6 months ago..(give or take), and do not see the model number in your table..
20070911 SS door/with window, black body,800 watt heating element, remote control, wheels/handle, meat probe, internal light, with heating element access door,1/2 chip loader, large wood chip tray
Yes my bad the chip tray and chip loader are different. Thanks for the caching that. The picture this post #1 shows both chip trays and you can get one from masterbuilt. There is a kit that replaces the housing that supports the tray. There are some post on the forum DYI removing the spot welded plug on your chip loader.
Hey guys`,new man on the site and wanted to update the list. there seems to be a lot of differences even within the same mod nums.
30" SS glass door, half size loader, and half size tray with probe.
This is a MES 40" stainless steel, large glass door. Model # 20072612.
Controller in the front. Side vent on the left. 1200W. Not sure on the access panel unless
it's the plate on the bottom. Remote. Hope this helps.
OBTY The users manual also says it is for a model 20072712--I have no idea what the changes are between them
20070312 SS door/with window, 800 watt heating element, internal light, meat probe, remote control, wheels/handle, with heating element access door,small wood chip tray
Purchased my 30" model from QVC in late Summer 2014
Has remote and meat probe
Burgundy door, with window
(Not sure what you mean by heating element access door)
1/2 wood chip tray and loader
Purchased and installed the MES cold-smoke option. I doubt that I'll ever actually cold-smoke anything, but I DO like the extra smoke output it provides.
The above describes a gen 2. And it sounds like a return or a retrofit as the 2614 was half loader / half tray, but they made a retro fit kit for a lot of the gen 2's.
20070312, Signature series, stainless door, window, digital control beveled on the front, remote digital, bought at Lowe's for $180, they price-matched -5% a Bass Pro Black Friday deal. Folks, don't be afraid to ask for price matches at Lowe's, ours in Suwanee, Ga is always willing!
- all MES model numbers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New member from Kentucky 7 minutes ago
- › Small RF Build using a 100 pound propane tank 9 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 14 minutes ago
- › Game Day Ribs!!! 14 minutes ago
- › Newbie 120 Gal Trailer Build (Advice Sought) 17 minutes ago
- › Pig Candy aka Divine Sweet Swine 19 minutes ago
- › Whiskey Brats 29 minutes ago
- › Building a smoker base/legs - 1.5" square tubing 14 ga? 32 minutes ago
- › New smoker has unexpectedly arrived 33 minutes ago
- › Total Newb 35 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona