Just wondering if the AMNS can also be used on my Weber gas grill. I prefer my Beer Can Chicken this way, in order to get that great crispy skin, and have always used foil wrapped wood chips on the flavorizer bars for the smoke.
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 6/12/08 at 9:46pm in Woods for Smoking
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Is cherry wood safe Last post on 1/29/17 at 10:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- East Australian Wood for smoking? Last post on 12/15/10 at 7:38pm in Test Area
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER - Page 3post #41 of 445/24/11 at 6:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #42 of 445/24/11 at 10:08amQuote:
The AMNS was designed to be used in a cold smoke, but you can use it without any problem up to about 200˚, sometimes higher.
When I use it for much over 200˚, I only fill the outside rows, so the fire can't jump through the interior walls to the next rows.
Very soon there will be a new one on the market that will not jump across rows, even at 275˚, which is the highest setting on an MES.
Bearpost #43 of 445/24/11 at 10:18amQuote:
I have actually used it in my gas grill. I set it on the unlit burner off in the corner and only light the outside rows. Like Bear said - there is a new version on its way soon that can handle higher temps.
post #44 of 445/24/11 at 12:05pm
OH boy another AMNS to add the my evergrowing arsenal ... And, bear, had already went to Todd b4 I heard the news, but thats ok I have more than 3 smokers to deal with LOLOL.
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Sous Vide beef back ribs first attempt 10 minutes ago
- › Shirley fabrication question 12 minutes ago
- › Large Group and Rib Fest Cooking 31 minutes ago
- › New here and ready to make the next step 37 minutes ago
- › Curing Pastrami forgot Kosher Salt 41 minutes ago
- › Bresaola Sliced 43 minutes ago
- › New Cedar Smokehouse Build Completed (And I should say thank you..) 45 minutes ago
- › Long time reader with new MES smoker 46 minutes ago
- › Cheese and coffee 52 minutes ago
- › Hooked on this site! 57 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations