Just wondering if the AMNS can also be used on my Weber gas grill. I prefer my Beer Can Chicken this way, in order to get that great crispy skin, and have always used foil wrapped wood chips on the flavorizer bars for the smoke.
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 6/12/08 at 9:46pm in Woods for Smoking
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Is cherry wood safe Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:32pm in Woods for Smoking
- East Australian Wood for smoking? Last post on 12/15/10 at 7:38pm in Test Area
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER - Page 3post #41 of 445/24/11 at 6:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #42 of 445/24/11 at 10:08amQuote:
The AMNS was designed to be used in a cold smoke, but you can use it without any problem up to about 200˚, sometimes higher.
When I use it for much over 200˚, I only fill the outside rows, so the fire can't jump through the interior walls to the next rows.
Very soon there will be a new one on the market that will not jump across rows, even at 275˚, which is the highest setting on an MES.
Bearpost #43 of 445/24/11 at 10:18amQuote:
I have actually used it in my gas grill. I set it on the unlit burner off in the corner and only light the outside rows. Like Bear said - there is a new version on its way soon that can handle higher temps.
post #44 of 445/24/11 at 12:05pm
OH boy another AMNS to add the my evergrowing arsenal ... And, bear, had already went to Todd b4 I heard the news, but thats ok I have more than 3 smokers to deal with LOLOL.
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › apple wood 5 minutes ago
- › Amish Sweet Summer Sausage 19 minutes ago
- › FIRST COOL DAY, GOTTA FIRE UP THE LANG! 36 minutes ago
- › Anaheim ABT"s with Bacos for extra bacon 44 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ Smoked Turkey Breasts on the MES 47 minutes ago
- › 1,000 Gallon Smoker 50 minutes ago
- › cheap Charlies still smokin 54 minutes ago
- › My first build. 55 minutes ago
- › New to the art of smoking 57 minutes ago
- › Another new guy... 58 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ