Just wondering if the AMNS can also be used on my Weber gas grill. I prefer my Beer Can Chicken this way, in order to get that great crispy skin, and have always used foil wrapped wood chips on the flavorizer bars for the smoke.
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 6/12/08 at 9:46pm in Woods for Smoking
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Is cherry wood safe Last post on 1/29/17 at 10:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- East Australian Wood for smoking? Last post on 12/15/10 at 7:38pm in Test Area
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
I've owned a Masterbuilt for years and I love it. Trying hamburgers for the 1st time today. Wish me luck!!! By the way, Sams has the 40" for $329.00
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER - Page 3post #41 of 445/24/11 at 6:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #42 of 445/24/11 at 10:08amQuote:
The AMNS was designed to be used in a cold smoke, but you can use it without any problem up to about 200˚, sometimes higher.
When I use it for much over 200˚, I only fill the outside rows, so the fire can't jump through the interior walls to the next rows.
Very soon there will be a new one on the market that will not jump across rows, even at 275˚, which is the highest setting on an MES.
Bearpost #43 of 445/24/11 at 10:18amQuote:
I have actually used it in my gas grill. I set it on the unlit burner off in the corner and only light the outside rows. Like Bear said - there is a new version on its way soon that can handle higher temps.
post #44 of 445/24/11 at 12:05pm
OH boy another AMNS to add the my evergrowing arsenal ... And, bear, had already went to Todd b4 I heard the news, but thats ok I have more than 3 smokers to deal with LOLOL.
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › First UDS Build 1 minute ago
- › Pork should dragging on... 2 minutes ago
- › First attempt at Spatchcock and PartyQ 5 minutes ago
- › Ground beef Jerky 7 minutes ago
- › Howdy from Atlanta 7 minutes ago
- › Extending the Oklahoma joe chimney stack question 8 minutes ago
- › Power Outage w/ Electric Smoker 19 minutes ago
- › New pit ordered. 20 minutes ago
- › Mrs Bear's Surgery 20 minutes ago
- › MES30 25 minutes ago
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ