Just wondering if the AMNS can also be used on my Weber gas grill. I prefer my Beer Can Chicken this way, in order to get that great crispy skin, and have always used foil wrapped wood chips on the flavorizer bars for the smoke.
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 6/12/08 at 9:46pm in Woods for Smoking
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Is cherry wood safe Last post on 1/29/17 at 10:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- East Australian Wood for smoking? Last post on 12/15/10 at 7:38pm in Test Area
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER - Page 3post #41 of 445/24/11 at 6:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #42 of 445/24/11 at 10:08amQuote:
The AMNS was designed to be used in a cold smoke, but you can use it without any problem up to about 200˚, sometimes higher.
When I use it for much over 200˚, I only fill the outside rows, so the fire can't jump through the interior walls to the next rows.
Very soon there will be a new one on the market that will not jump across rows, even at 275˚, which is the highest setting on an MES.
Bearpost #43 of 445/24/11 at 10:18amQuote:
I have actually used it in my gas grill. I set it on the unlit burner off in the corner and only light the outside rows. Like Bear said - there is a new version on its way soon that can handle higher temps.
post #44 of 445/24/11 at 12:05pm
OH boy another AMNS to add the my evergrowing arsenal ... And, bear, had already went to Todd b4 I heard the news, but thats ok I have more than 3 smokers to deal with LOLOL.
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › So what's everyone smoking this weekend? 45 minutes ago
- › Time for a Breakfast Fatty 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › How far in advance can you trim the fat???? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Savory Stuffed Pork Loin 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › New guy from Alberta 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Got the new smoker seasoned, then smoked some ribs and fatties! 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Bresola, and Bear's Eye round Sous Vide project 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Suggest a sausage recipe-Beef fat and duck meat 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Using Pops Brine... 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Lump Charcoal On SALE at Home Depot 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...