Flash that chicken looks great!! I will show my friends and just maybe they will eat a little more the next time we smoke a chicken.
Related Forum Threads
- New WSM 22.5" Arriving Friday - Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:46pm in Charcoal Smokers
- MES and Pork Shoulder/Butt Last post on 5/26/10 at 10:57pm in Electric Smokers
- Chicken Thighs W/Qview - Amaz-N-Smoke Generator Last post on 5/18/10 at 2:43am in Poultry
- Chicken Quarters on the MES Last post on 8/6/10 at 9:07pm in Poultry
- First smoke with my MES 40'' Last post on 2/15/10 at 10:15pm in Electric Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & RiceLast edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Was my chicken undercooked? - Page 2post #21 of 256/7/10 at 4:49pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 256/7/10 at 5:02pmpost #23 of 256/7/10 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by shtrdave
Here is something that may be worth reading.
Sorry I don't know how to make the link a single word.
just curious what the internal temp of the bone, that the moisture seeped out of was.............i do agree that chicken is often overcooked.
post #24 of 256/7/10 at 7:44pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Nola Saints Smoker
I have smoked several chickens, including the beer butt chicken and the spatchcock chicken. I have brined some, injected some. Cooked at different temps, from 250* to 350*. In my opinion, I find the brine changes the texture of the meat. I have brined chicken from as little as an hour to as long as 4 hrs and I just don't care for the way it comes out. The last chicken I smoked was spatchcocked and I injected, rubbed w/EVOO and seasoned it. I smoked it at 300* until the breast hit 170*. The meat was tender, juicy & flavorful. No more brining for me.
My experience with brining poultry has been the same. It takes on a hammy texture which I don't care for, regardless of brine time. Injected is ok, along with a buttermilk marinade.post #25 of 256/8/10 at 2:29am
Here's some I did in my big smoker, a chicken and a turkey:
You can see the juices running out of the turkey before I even took a knife to it... smoking a bird makes it retain it's juices and it's absolutely amazing how juicy and flavorful they are! These were also brined in a salt - sugar - nitrite brine, pickling them like a ham, too, giving that all-through pink color just like a ham. Both were true delicasies and delicious! I did them to 160° - 165° which was more than enough.
- Was my chicken undercooked?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
- › QueView - Four sausages 1 minute ago
- › Tough turkey 3 minutes ago
- › Elderly man sentenced to 18 months for food certification bribes 9 minutes ago
- › Weber Kettel or WSM?? 13 minutes ago
- › When is it to warm to smoke meat 13 minutes ago
- › Canada has confirmed 27 cases of E. coli O121 infections across... 14 minutes ago
- › New guy 16 minutes ago
- › Hello Everyone! 17 minutes ago
- › Home ground beef on the grill 18 minutes ago
- › Reverse Sear Burgers - First crack 19 minutes ago
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices