Flash that chicken looks great!! I will show my friends and just maybe they will eat a little more the next time we smoke a chicken.
Related Forum Threads
- New WSM 22.5" Arriving Friday - Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:46pm in Charcoal Smokers
- MES and Pork Shoulder/Butt Last post on 5/26/10 at 10:57pm in Electric Smokers
- Chicken Thighs W/Qview - Amaz-N-Smoke Generator Last post on 5/18/10 at 2:43am in Poultry
- Chicken Quarters on the MES Last post on 8/6/10 at 9:07pm in Poultry
- First smoke with my MES 40'' Last post on 2/15/10 at 10:15pm in Electric Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & RiceLast edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
Our three year old Traeger developed huge rust spots inside and out despite careful maintenance. It was always covered when not in use and stored inside for the winter. Paint peeled in big sheets...
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
Was my chicken undercooked? - Page 2post #21 of 256/7/10 at 4:49pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 256/7/10 at 5:02pmpost #23 of 256/7/10 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by shtrdave
Here is something that may be worth reading.
Sorry I don't know how to make the link a single word.
just curious what the internal temp of the bone, that the moisture seeped out of was.............i do agree that chicken is often overcooked.
post #24 of 256/7/10 at 7:44pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Nola Saints Smoker
I have smoked several chickens, including the beer butt chicken and the spatchcock chicken. I have brined some, injected some. Cooked at different temps, from 250* to 350*. In my opinion, I find the brine changes the texture of the meat. I have brined chicken from as little as an hour to as long as 4 hrs and I just don't care for the way it comes out. The last chicken I smoked was spatchcocked and I injected, rubbed w/EVOO and seasoned it. I smoked it at 300* until the breast hit 170*. The meat was tender, juicy & flavorful. No more brining for me.
My experience with brining poultry has been the same. It takes on a hammy texture which I don't care for, regardless of brine time. Injected is ok, along with a buttermilk marinade.post #25 of 256/8/10 at 2:29am
Here's some I did in my big smoker, a chicken and a turkey:
You can see the juices running out of the turkey before I even took a knife to it... smoking a bird makes it retain it's juices and it's absolutely amazing how juicy and flavorful they are! These were also brined in a salt - sugar - nitrite brine, pickling them like a ham, too, giving that all-through pink color just like a ham. Both were true delicasies and delicious! I did them to 160° - 165° which was more than enough.
- Was my chicken undercooked?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
- › Hello from El Paso, Texas 30 seconds ago
- › Smokin' Mac 2 minutes ago
- › New Dyna-Glo vertical offset smoker 9 minutes ago
- › Smoking snack stick question 36 minutes ago
- › Maker's Mark Whiskey Substitute. 55 minutes ago
- › 20 lb manual meat mixers? any difference between brands? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Beef hot links? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Ss Double Door Electric Smoker 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Chicken thighs- does time between brine and smoker/grill matter? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Homemade 75gallon first cook went awesome! Thanks a ton guys!!! 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS