Flash that chicken looks great!! I will show my friends and just maybe they will eat a little more the next time we smoke a chicken.
Related Forum Threads
- New WSM 22.5" Arriving Friday - Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:46pm in Charcoal Smokers
- MES and Pork Shoulder/Butt Last post on 5/26/10 at 10:57pm in Electric Smokers
- Chicken Thighs W/Qview - Amaz-N-Smoke Generator Last post on 5/18/10 at 2:43am in Poultry
- Chicken Quarters on the MES Last post on 8/6/10 at 9:07pm in Poultry
- First smoke with my MES 40'' Last post on 2/15/10 at 10:15pm in Electric Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & RiceLast edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
Was my chicken undercooked? - Page 2post #21 of 256/7/10 at 4:49pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 256/7/10 at 5:02pmpost #23 of 256/7/10 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by shtrdave
Here is something that may be worth reading.
Sorry I don't know how to make the link a single word.
just curious what the internal temp of the bone, that the moisture seeped out of was.............i do agree that chicken is often overcooked.
post #24 of 256/7/10 at 7:44pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Nola Saints Smoker
I have smoked several chickens, including the beer butt chicken and the spatchcock chicken. I have brined some, injected some. Cooked at different temps, from 250* to 350*. In my opinion, I find the brine changes the texture of the meat. I have brined chicken from as little as an hour to as long as 4 hrs and I just don't care for the way it comes out. The last chicken I smoked was spatchcocked and I injected, rubbed w/EVOO and seasoned it. I smoked it at 300* until the breast hit 170*. The meat was tender, juicy & flavorful. No more brining for me.
My experience with brining poultry has been the same. It takes on a hammy texture which I don't care for, regardless of brine time. Injected is ok, along with a buttermilk marinade.post #25 of 256/8/10 at 2:29am
Here's some I did in my big smoker, a chicken and a turkey:
You can see the juices running out of the turkey before I even took a knife to it... smoking a bird makes it retain it's juices and it's absolutely amazing how juicy and flavorful they are! These were also brined in a salt - sugar - nitrite brine, pickling them like a ham, too, giving that all-through pink color just like a ham. Both were true delicasies and delicious! I did them to 160° - 165° which was more than enough.
- Was my chicken undercooked?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
- › Oklahoma Joe mods 50 seconds ago
- › Masterbuilt uneven cooking 4 minutes ago
- › Can I get away with this... 5 minutes ago
- › American slicing machine model 11 7 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering (Apr. 28-30) 7 minutes ago
- › Good price for some wood 11 minutes ago
- › Air Fryer Testing 22 minutes ago
- › WSM thermometer way off? 25 minutes ago
- › First Ribs! 25 minutes ago
- › Michigan Surprise February!!! 30 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine