Flash that chicken looks great!! I will show my friends and just maybe they will eat a little more the next time we smoke a chicken.
Related Forum Threads
- New WSM 22.5" Arriving Friday - Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:46pm in Charcoal Smokers
- MES and Pork Shoulder/Butt Last post on 5/26/10 at 10:57pm in Electric Smokers
- Chicken Thighs W/Qview - Amaz-N-Smoke Generator Last post on 5/18/10 at 2:43am in Poultry
- Chicken Quarters on the MES Last post on 8/6/10 at 9:07pm in Poultry
- First smoke with my MES 40'' Last post on 2/15/10 at 10:15pm in Electric Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & RiceLast edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
Was my chicken undercooked? - Page 2post #21 of 256/7/10 at 4:49pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 256/7/10 at 5:02pmpost #23 of 256/7/10 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by shtrdave
Here is something that may be worth reading.
Sorry I don't know how to make the link a single word.
just curious what the internal temp of the bone, that the moisture seeped out of was.............i do agree that chicken is often overcooked.
post #24 of 256/7/10 at 7:44pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Nola Saints Smoker
I have smoked several chickens, including the beer butt chicken and the spatchcock chicken. I have brined some, injected some. Cooked at different temps, from 250* to 350*. In my opinion, I find the brine changes the texture of the meat. I have brined chicken from as little as an hour to as long as 4 hrs and I just don't care for the way it comes out. The last chicken I smoked was spatchcocked and I injected, rubbed w/EVOO and seasoned it. I smoked it at 300* until the breast hit 170*. The meat was tender, juicy & flavorful. No more brining for me.
My experience with brining poultry has been the same. It takes on a hammy texture which I don't care for, regardless of brine time. Injected is ok, along with a buttermilk marinade.post #25 of 256/8/10 at 2:29am
Here's some I did in my big smoker, a chicken and a turkey:
You can see the juices running out of the turkey before I even took a knife to it... smoking a bird makes it retain it's juices and it's absolutely amazing how juicy and flavorful they are! These were also brined in a salt - sugar - nitrite brine, pickling them like a ham, too, giving that all-through pink color just like a ham. Both were true delicasies and delicious! I did them to 160° - 165° which was more than enough.
- Was my chicken undercooked?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
- › Neighbors ever complain about smoke??? 1 minute ago
- › Beef Tenderloin Butt ~ Foamheart 2 minutes ago
- › Burning too hot 5 minutes ago
- › Smoke Generation Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Hello all you Meat Smokers out there! 16 minutes ago
- › Finally—-Eye Round in the SV (Fork Tender!!) 22 minutes ago
- › Garlic dill pickles UPDATE! READY TO EAT IN 3 DAYS WITH VAC CANISTER 26 minutes ago
- › Northern Newbie With New Smoker 28 minutes ago
- › Best Commercial Style Trailer Pit 29 minutes ago
- › Regular Ole New Guy. 31 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ