Flash that chicken looks great!! I will show my friends and just maybe they will eat a little more the next time we smoke a chicken.
Related Forum Threads
- New WSM 22.5" Arriving Friday - Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:46pm in Charcoal Smokers
- MES and Pork Shoulder/Butt Last post on 5/26/10 at 10:57pm in Electric Smokers
- Chicken Thighs W/Qview - Amaz-N-Smoke Generator Last post on 5/18/10 at 2:43am in Poultry
- Chicken Quarters on the MES Last post on 8/6/10 at 9:07pm in Poultry
- First smoke with my MES 40'' Last post on 2/15/10 at 10:15pm in Electric Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & RiceLast edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Was my chicken undercooked? - Page 2post #21 of 256/7/10 at 4:49pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 256/7/10 at 5:02pmpost #23 of 256/7/10 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by shtrdave
Here is something that may be worth reading.
Sorry I don't know how to make the link a single word.
just curious what the internal temp of the bone, that the moisture seeped out of was.............i do agree that chicken is often overcooked.
post #24 of 256/7/10 at 7:44pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Nola Saints Smoker
I have smoked several chickens, including the beer butt chicken and the spatchcock chicken. I have brined some, injected some. Cooked at different temps, from 250* to 350*. In my opinion, I find the brine changes the texture of the meat. I have brined chicken from as little as an hour to as long as 4 hrs and I just don't care for the way it comes out. The last chicken I smoked was spatchcocked and I injected, rubbed w/EVOO and seasoned it. I smoked it at 300* until the breast hit 170*. The meat was tender, juicy & flavorful. No more brining for me.
My experience with brining poultry has been the same. It takes on a hammy texture which I don't care for, regardless of brine time. Injected is ok, along with a buttermilk marinade.post #25 of 256/8/10 at 2:29am
Here's some I did in my big smoker, a chicken and a turkey:
You can see the juices running out of the turkey before I even took a knife to it... smoking a bird makes it retain it's juices and it's absolutely amazing how juicy and flavorful they are! These were also brined in a salt - sugar - nitrite brine, pickling them like a ham, too, giving that all-through pink color just like a ham. Both were true delicasies and delicious! I did them to 160° - 165° which was more than enough.
- Was my chicken undercooked?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
- › Is it Pancetta? 45 seconds ago
- › Roll Call 1 minute ago
- › Hello from New Zealand. 13 minutes ago
- › Hello from central WV!! 15 minutes ago
- › MES not enough smoke - have the AMNPS 19 minutes ago
- › Hello from Long Island NY 24 minutes ago
- › New to Smoking/BBQ 30 minutes ago
- › New MES 40 Bluetooth questions 42 minutes ago
- › MES 30" Rack Question/Issue, HELP!!! 49 minutes ago
- › Cook log 50 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma