- 16 Posts. Joined 7/2016
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- cooking for 55 questions Last post on 9/21/10 at 5:45pm in Catering & Large Group Gatherings
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- Question: Most Handy BBQ Gadget/tool Last post on 11/22/11 at 4:58am in Smoking Gadgets and Tools.
- Honky Tonk Pig rubs and sauces Last post on 8/8/10 at 9:24pm in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
- Looking for a Savory Sauce Last post on 8/5/10 at 6:25am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Finishing Sauce For Brisket By Ranger72Last edited: 4/28/11
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork) - Page 24post #461 of 4667/17/16 at 2:57pmJust used this recipe,very very good!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #462 of 4667/30/16 at 3:01pmI got two in the cooler now going to give this a try I also tried not wrapping at 160 I just smoked all the way to 200 looks like I have a much firmer bark we will see which way I prefer my last two I wrapped after 160 and it was amazing so I might be hard to beat thanks for the sauce thoughpost #463 of 4667/30/16 at 5:41pmConclusion is the sauce is a nice tangy flavor but i do perfer the wrapping of the butt after 160 the bark today was a little bit bitter after smoking for 12 hours but still a great final product cant beat juicy pulled pork for dinner thanks guyspost #464 of 4668/14/16 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by SoFlaQuer
The Finishing Sauce I use is as follows:
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Warm the Vinegar up enough so that it disolves the Sugar well. Then add the remaining ingredients.
I use it in one of those clear Ketchup bottles you can get from Wally World for about $0.99. Snip a little bit larger hole out of the spout with a pair of scissors. Once all your ingredients are mixed together, put your finger over the top, and shake vigorously.
Randomly squirt this over warm freshly pulled Pork, then kind of mix it up with gloved hands. This adds very little heat (despite the Red Pepper) and mellows out the stronger, gamier parts of the Shoulder. The Vinegar also helps break it down even more for some REAL juiicy pork.
Personally, I eat it just like that, but your guests can add whatever "Q sauce they prefer once it's on their plates or bun!
If you've never done Pulled Pork with a "Finishing Sauce" before, you're in for a real treat!!!! It's the secret ingredient that alot of Quer's don't know about, and part of the reason people at my 'Q Parties say "they've never had Pulled Pork that tasted this good, before!".
I cannot wait to try this! I've been looking for something to make pulled pork worth my time. I love pulled pork (or meat in general) and I am not a picky eater. I have a hard time finding pulled pork that is not dry or just tastes bad, this sounds like it will be amazing! Especially since I have family members that aren't fans of BBQ sauce 😩post #465 of 4669/30/16 at 12:17pm
We have 2 pork butts on since 6 am, I will definitely try the Finishing Sauce. One butt is headed to Clemson for the game tomorrow, #3 vs #5, U of Louisville Cardinals and the Clemson Tigers. Ought to be a great game and some darn good pulled pork.post #466 of 46610/7/16 at 12:27am
Very good sauce for mopping I wish i had this a couple of weeks ago! Mine is much more involved. Thanks!
Sausage Head Go to that forum, i am going to post some good info on recipes on what I use for those that have any interest. These have served me well fpr many years, Some new some old school styles.
Again thanks for the mop!!!
BTW I just found this site recently Very good place to look at compared to others, not nearly the bickering of other sites, that means alot to me anyway!
- FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Question About Curing Bacon - how long is too long? 2 minutes ago
- › Vents open or closed? 3 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone! 5 minutes ago
- › Hello all. 7 minutes ago
- › New Member 18 minutes ago
- › Morning, total rookie here in the smoking world. 31 minutes ago
- › Loin question 34 minutes ago
- › Sloppy Joe Button Buck 35 minutes ago
- › pellets vs chips ,Master built Sportsman Elite 30'' Electric Smoker 40 minutes ago
- › Everglades Bacon Medallions 45 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ