- 16 Posts. Joined 7/2016
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- cooking for 55 questions Last post on 9/21/10 at 5:45pm in Catering & Large Group Gatherings
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- Question: Most Handy BBQ Gadget/tool Last post on 11/22/11 at 4:58am in Smoking Gadgets and Tools.
- Honky Tonk Pig rubs and sauces Last post on 8/8/10 at 9:24pm in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
- Looking for a Savory Sauce Last post on 8/5/10 at 6:25am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Finishing Sauce For Brisket By Ranger72Last edited: 4/28/11
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork) - Page 24post #461 of 4667/17/16 at 2:57pmJust used this recipe,very very good!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #462 of 4667/30/16 at 3:01pmI got two in the cooler now going to give this a try I also tried not wrapping at 160 I just smoked all the way to 200 looks like I have a much firmer bark we will see which way I prefer my last two I wrapped after 160 and it was amazing so I might be hard to beat thanks for the sauce thoughpost #463 of 4667/30/16 at 5:41pmConclusion is the sauce is a nice tangy flavor but i do perfer the wrapping of the butt after 160 the bark today was a little bit bitter after smoking for 12 hours but still a great final product cant beat juicy pulled pork for dinner thanks guyspost #464 of 4668/14/16 at 11:53amQuote:Originally Posted by SoFlaQuer
The Finishing Sauce I use is as follows:
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Warm the Vinegar up enough so that it disolves the Sugar well. Then add the remaining ingredients.
I use it in one of those clear Ketchup bottles you can get from Wally World for about $0.99. Snip a little bit larger hole out of the spout with a pair of scissors. Once all your ingredients are mixed together, put your finger over the top, and shake vigorously.
Randomly squirt this over warm freshly pulled Pork, then kind of mix it up with gloved hands. This adds very little heat (despite the Red Pepper) and mellows out the stronger, gamier parts of the Shoulder. The Vinegar also helps break it down even more for some REAL juiicy pork.
Personally, I eat it just like that, but your guests can add whatever "Q sauce they prefer once it's on their plates or bun!
If you've never done Pulled Pork with a "Finishing Sauce" before, you're in for a real treat!!!! It's the secret ingredient that alot of Quer's don't know about, and part of the reason people at my 'Q Parties say "they've never had Pulled Pork that tasted this good, before!".
I cannot wait to try this! I've been looking for something to make pulled pork worth my time. I love pulled pork (or meat in general) and I am not a picky eater. I have a hard time finding pulled pork that is not dry or just tastes bad, this sounds like it will be amazing! Especially since I have family members that aren't fans of BBQ sauce 😩post #465 of 4669/30/16 at 12:17pm
We have 2 pork butts on since 6 am, I will definitely try the Finishing Sauce. One butt is headed to Clemson for the game tomorrow, #3 vs #5, U of Louisville Cardinals and the Clemson Tigers. Ought to be a great game and some darn good pulled pork.post #466 of 46610/7/16 at 12:27am
Very good sauce for mopping I wish i had this a couple of weeks ago! Mine is much more involved. Thanks!
Sausage Head Go to that forum, i am going to post some good info on recipes on what I use for those that have any interest. These have served me well fpr many years, Some new some old school styles.
Again thanks for the mop!!!
BTW I just found this site recently Very good place to look at compared to others, not nearly the bickering of other sites, that means alot to me anyway!
- FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Briskets - A Good Read With an Interesting Tidbit Regarding Water Pans 11 seconds ago
- › More ABT's for football 4 minutes ago
- › Formed bacon 6 minutes ago
- › Is it Bacon or Ham 7 minutes ago
- › Jerky for deer camp 8 minutes ago
- › My New Toy Came Today - Food Saver V2244 8 minutes ago
- › More Scottish eggs 10 minutes ago
- › Hello from Whittier, CA 13 minutes ago
- › New member 13 minutes ago
- › Peanut Butter Meltaways (Bear's Favorite Candy) 16 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma