- 59 Posts. Joined 12/2014
- Points: 14
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- cooking for 55 questions Last post on 9/21/10 at 5:45pm in Catering & Large Group Gatherings
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- Question: Most Handy BBQ Gadget/tool Last post on 11/22/11 at 4:58am in Smoking Gadgets and Tools.
- Honky Tonk Pig rubs and sauces Last post on 8/8/10 at 9:24pm in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
- Looking for a Savory Sauce Last post on 8/5/10 at 6:25am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Finishing Sauce For Brisket By Ranger72Last edited: 4/28/11
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork) - Page 22post #421 of 46612/28/14 at 8:30amUsed this yesterday on a ~11 pound picnic, my third ever smoke. The meat came out well, but I think this finishing sauce really helped because it would have been pretty bland for my tastes. I used Pappy's seasoning as it was all I had. My daughter loved it and she is normally quite picky! Thank you for posting!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #422 of 4663/9/15 at 12:39pmpost #423 of 4664/24/15 at 7:17pmThis post is what I was looking for to find out what a finishing sauce was I kept reading about finishing sauces in pulled pork recipes but never know what they were so thank you.post #424 of 4665/11/15 at 6:51ampost #425 of 4665/13/15 at 9:41am
Greetings from Finland! Just cooked this sauce for upcoming restaurant day, got 12 pounds of porkneck in the fridge, brined and rubbed, ready to go for smoker tomorrow.Usually i don't use sauces, but i like my vinegar with pork..post #426 of 4665/16/15 at 3:27pmpost #427 of 4665/18/15 at 5:50am
This sauce is amazing! Everybody loved it! I made one exception though, I am a beekeeper, so I have lots of honey most of the time, & I try honey with everything. I added a couple tablespoons of honey with this original recipe & WOW! Of course you can add more or less honey to suit your taste. I loved the original recipe the way it was, but the honey made such a beautiful melody with the vinegar...post #428 of 4665/18/15 at 10:39ampost #429 of 4667/9/15 at 9:29am
I have used this sauce on routine occasion, mostly for shoulders as his comment about the "gamey" meat can be spot on. Also, fresh ham too....but you have to score the skin, and it's not really a pulled cut, but I like this sauce on it and it makes great sammies!!
I did modify his original slightly and I do the 1/2C Cider Vinegar and 1/2C Apple Cider...and added a recent twist by using orange juice instead of apple cider as I had nothing else with enough natural sugar in the pantry. Had a really great tang and the acid seemed to enhance the pork fat flavor.....Mmmmm. I will add that the citrus version went better with my pulled chicken....
Mikepost #430 of 4667/10/15 at 7:08am
I smoked a pork butt yesterday for pulled pork. I've never used a finishing sauce before, so I decided to try yours. I couldn't believe how GOOD it was. After I made it up, I had a taste and thought it was pretty strong in the vinegar dept, but once added to the PP on the bun with coleslaw, it was fantastic. It is now my go-to sauce for PP.
Thanks for sharing
Garypost #431 of 4667/10/15 at 4:10pmpost #432 of 4668/25/15 at 9:35pm
Thank you Jeff. This was my introduction to finishing sauce and my neighbors and family loved it. Not a lot left of 10 pounds of pork, your recipe definitely made a newbie pit taste advanced!post #433 of 4668/26/15 at 7:07am
Im probably in the minority here but my go to these days is Sweet Baby Rays and Sticky Fingers Sweet Carolina Classic. LOVE IT. My wife's homemade TGIs rib sauce is also kick ass but takes time to make.post #434 of 4668/26/15 at 8:13amThat is very much like the Eastern North Carolina bbq sauce that I've eaten and made for most of my 73 years. I have used honey, molasses, pancake syrup on occasion to sweeten it a bit. I have also put a quarter stick of butter in it and used it to barbecue chickens on a hot grill - just swab it on after puncturing the breasts and thighs.
Edited by rabbithutch - 8/26/15 at 9:50ampost #435 of 4669/20/15 at 1:20pmpost #436 of 4669/20/15 at 2:00pm
I've used a very similar recipe, but cooked the shoulder in the slow cooker/roaster in the sauce as well as using it for the finishing sauce. About another 1/2 cup of cider vinegar though.
Put it on a bun with some cole slaw - Nice alternative to a traditional BBQ sauce.post #437 of 46610/27/15 at 9:19ampost #438 of 46612/6/15 at 6:48ampost #439 of 46612/9/15 at 5:52am
- FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Total Newb 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › somewhat new to smoking 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Brisket time! 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Be Honest 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Tri Tip! 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Tri-Tip 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › BBQ plates at a church festival 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Smoking food for wood 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ