or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Smokehouse Summer Sausage and Backwoods Trail Bologna
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smokehouse Summer Sausage and Backwoods Trail Bologna - Page 2

post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Disco, very nice job for sure ! Looks really tasty & another on the list to try.... I'm losing that battle though, as soon as I try one new thing, I add three more... biggrin.gif Oh well, the ever growing list just keeps going ! Haha

 

I figure I have to live to 136 to get to all the items on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bones View Post
 

Looks good Disco,  You came a long way.  Great pictures..    Would you make the Summer Sausage again or do it differently the next time?      You earned the points..  Thumbs Up

 

John

I would use this mix again. It is quite good and is easier than finding fermento, etc.

post #22 of 31

Great work on both of those items.  I think I have used the backwoods bologna seasonings before and that was a good choice for sure.  Thanks for the step by steps.  :points:Reinhard

post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
 

Great work on both of those items.  I think I have used the backwoods bologna seasonings before and that was a good choice for sure.  Thanks for the step by steps.  :points:Reinhard

Thanks, Reinhard! I appreciate the points.

post #24 of 31
Looks delicious!

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.
post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL87 View Post

Looks delicious!

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence

Thank you.

post #26 of 31

That's some nice looking sausage! Planning to do a little trail bologna myself this weekend. Going to try it with goose. Will probably go with a mix somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40, depending on what the 50/50 pork fat looks like that I hope to get at the butcher

post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrisco View Post
 

That's some nice looking sausage! Planning to do a little trail bologna myself this weekend. Going to try it with goose. Will probably go with a mix somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40, depending on what the 50/50 pork fat looks like that I hope to get at the butcher


Oh my, that would be so good. Please post with qview so I can be jealous!

 

Disco

post #28 of 31
All ready for the smoker tomorrow morning! Decided to go 50/50 Canada goose to pork trimmings (50/50), mixed with the trail Bologna from LEM
post #29 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrisco View Post

All ready for the smoker tomorrow morning! Decided to go 50/50 Canada goose to pork trimmings (50/50), mixed with the trail Bologna from LEM


Looking great! You need to post this in a thread of your own so everyone will see it!

 

Disco

post #30 of 31
Good call. The rest of the details will be under goose trail bologna
post #31 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrisco View Post

Good call


Let me know when you do. This is one I want to follow!

 

Disco

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Smokehouse Summer Sausage and Backwoods Trail Bologna