or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Groups › UK Smokers › Discussions › Putting my new skills into practice.

Putting my new skills into practice.

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
So, I learnt so much about temperature control, amongst other things, at this years meet (huge thanks to everyone who helped me, which was probably everyone at some point) I had to give it a go on the weber today.

Planked some salmon for me and the Mrs for dinner accompanied by a few ABT's just to try them out. I loved them, although they were a little spicy for her, very tasty though.

Planked salmon with a honey and pomegranate balsamic glaze.

ABT's

And then I made some stuffed bacon wrapped burgers to go on for our tea:






These bad boys are huge! Stuffed with sautéed onions, pickled gherkins and cheese, wrapped in bacon and rubbed with my rub (not pictured) They've just gone on over some apple wood. I shall update later!
post #2 of 16

They look great Paul. I will give some of those burgers a try too.

 

I am glad you were able to take away some useful experience from the meet. Just a few pointers is all you sometimes need to spur you onto the next steps. How easy did you find it to control the temperature on the Weber when you got home?

post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

They look great Paul. I will give some of those burgers a try too.

I am glad you were able to take away some useful experience from the meet. Just a few pointers is all you sometimes need to spur you onto the next steps. How easy did you find it to control the temperature on the Weber when you got home?

Cheers, I'm hoping they turn out as good as they look. I'm finding it pretty easy to be honest, now that I know it takes time for the snake to get going, I'm not getting it too hot initially and it's much easier :)
post #4 of 16

Hi Paul

 

Great weekend with you and your dad, say Hi for me! what's his handle on the forum?

 

They look absolutely great (better than that Brummies offerings) going to give those burgers a go and the ABT's but I am struggling to find any Jalapeños up here, just finger chillies, think Morrison's may have them

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiska95 View Post

Hi Paul

Great weekend with you and your dad, say Hi for me! what's his handle on the forum?

They look absolutely great (better than that Brummies offerings) going to give those burgers a go and the ABT's but I am struggling to find any Jalapeños up here, just finger chillies, think Morrison's may have them
Great meeting you and your Mrs too. He's on here as Steve Johnson, original I know!!
Cheers man, haha. I got the jalapeños from asda.
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Pulled the burgers off, they were cracking!! Like mini fatties!!
post #7 of 16
Look bloody good them!
post #8 of 16
They look superb (what no invite for tea 😟
post #9 of 16
They look superb they do.

Mackem, I can send you some jalapenos. We live in the modern age down here and get most things. Apart from stotty and fresh pease pud of course drool.gif
post #10 of 16
Hi Paul, the bugs bitten deep!

Good looking food again. Can I ask what the Rud was you used on your Pork Loin, it tasted fantastic and the wife liked it better than mine!
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenegativeone View Post

Pulled the burgers off, they were cracking!! Like mini fatties!!
 
Whilst I know you make these with a beer can, if you fancy a press you can get one here. Stuff takes a couple of weeks to arrive but its pocket money prices and the lad i know with one says it does a 1/2 pound burger
I love my big crinkle cutter i got from them :icon_smile:
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Monkey View Post

Hi Paul, the bugs bitten deep!

Good looking food again. Can I ask what the Rud was you used on your Pork Loin, it tasted fantastic and the wife liked it better than mine!

Cheers, haha yeah, any excuse to fire up the smoker now!!
The Pork loin was my dads @Steve Johnson so you'd have to ask him, I believe it was from a book called 'Slow Fire' though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav Iscon View Post

Cheers, I think JML make them now too but why buy a new price of kit when a beer can does the job just as well though ;)
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Monkey View Post

Hi Paul, the bugs bitten deep!

Good looking food again. Can I ask what the Rub was you used on your Pork Loin, it tasted fantastic and the wife liked it better than mine!
hi i was just waiting for him to fess up the loin was mine ill post the rub recipe in the recipe section it was from the slow fire book though
post #14 of 16
Hi Steve, what a weekend!

Trying to catch the boy out? He came clean and bowed to your superiority!
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenegativeone View Post

Cheers, I think JML make them now too but why buy a new price of kit when a beer can does the job just as well though ;)

 

 

I was thinking about the teetotal people. :icon_wink:

post #16 of 16

Hi Paul.  Those look GREAT.  If you buy a press what tha heck do you do with all those empty tins!  Recycling is the "buzz word" now!  :icon_biggrin:  Keep Smoin!

Danny

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: UK Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Groups › UK Smokers › Discussions › Putting my new skills into practice.