or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › I am seeking rib redemption
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am seeking rib redemption

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
My last attempt at ribs went ok but I had some temp issues. Today we got some great news and everyone in the family said they wanted ribs. So I ran home grabbed 3 racks of spares at the local market and just crammed them all into my 18.5 WSM. No time for Q-view yet but I will show the end result for sure. There's about a 25-30 degree temp difference with top and bottom rack ok my WSM that I just discovered but I put the thin parts of the rack on bottom so should work out. The reason I am posting is I was wondering if anybody has any good ideas for putting more ribs in my WSM? It is slam packed with 3 racks of spares. The rib rack I am using really didn't help out as much as I was hoping.
post #2 of 13

It's just hard to get a lot of ribs in a small space, "sometimes a big space"

 

Be looking forward to pics

 

gary

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post

It's just hard to get a lot of ribs in a small space, "sometimes a big space"

Be looking forward to pics

gary
I think your right. It's kind of awkward to fit something like that in a round smoker.
post #4 of 13
I've seen,not tried, others roll the racks and pick them together.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

I've seen,not tried, others roll the racks and pick them together.
I think I may have seen that too. I kind of tried that today but it didn't look like it would stay together right. I didnt try for very long tho. May work
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker1397 View Post


I think I may have seen that too. I kind of tried that today but it didn't look like it would stay together right. I didnt try for very long tho. May work


To roll them they have to be tied like a crown roast, butches string will work for you. Do your small roll first, and keep rolling a little bigger, so you can put one over the other without touching. Hope this helps, and that you understand what I am saying.

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post


To roll them they have to be tied like a crown roast, butches string will work for you. Do your small roll first, and keep rolling a little bigger, so you can put one over the other without touching. Hope this helps, and that you understand what I am saying.
That makes perfect sense. Next time I will give that a shot. Almost done with the 2 hour foil stage. Can't wait to eat
post #8 of 13

We'll be watching

 

Gary

post #9 of 13
your other 2 options would be... hang them from S hooks... or get the 22.5 WSM
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 


Ribs turned out great
post #11 of 13

Look Good Nice Color    Thumbs Up

 

Gary

post #12 of 13

worthless.gif

post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq View Post

worthless.gif
Sorry we ate them all. Only had time to snap the one picture. I def got my rib redemption. They turned out sooooo much better this go around
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › I am seeking rib redemption