Good Morning Everyone! I have a slightly urgent situation... My in-laws are up from South Carolina this weekend and my wife wanted me to fix them up some pulled pork for dinner tomorrow. Being the BBQ addict that I am, I was all for it! Little did I know that South Carolina's BBQ is Mustard-Based, which I've never tasted or made before. I am looking for any pointers or suggestions on how I should prepare my pork butts. Below is how I normally do them... Any tips or suggestions on how to prepare this for a South Carolinians taste palate would be much appreciated! FYI... I anticipate on buying the butts and ingredients in approximately 6 hours. Thanks again in advance!
How I normally prepare my Pork Butts:
- Rub Butt down with Yellow Mustard
- Rub Butt with a Sweet and Slightly Spicy Rub (Brown Sugar, Paprika base with some other spices... Similar taste to Jeff's Rub)
- Inject with Unfiltered Apple Cider
- Smoke with Hickory til its done.
- Spritz the Butt with Pineapple juice every couple hours during the smoke.
- Wrap in foil for the last couple of hours...
- Let cool while wrapped for 1-2 hours.
- Pull meat and either serve meat as-is with sauce on the side or add my Sweet and slightly spicy Ketchup based sauce to it
Now... is SC Mustard-Base BBQ normally thick or runny? Is it normally a mop that is mopped on the pulled when finished? Dipping sauce???