or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Formed Bacon from Curley's and Amish Bologna
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formed Bacon from Curley's and Amish Bologna - Page 3

post #41 of 50

Nice job Todd!  Thumbs Up  I have been curious about Curley's bacon for over a year now - I think you may have convinced me to try it!  :smile: 

post #42 of 50

Agreed, a nice job Todd !! Thanks for sharing

post #43 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post
 

Nice job Todd!  Thumbs Up  I have been curious about Curley's bacon for over a year now - I think you may have convinced me to try it!  :smile: 

Thanks B! Worth trying, you'll like it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Santa View Post
 

Agreed, a nice job Todd !! Thanks for sharing


Thanks! My wife cut some of the slices of Formed Bacon today. She fried them and added them to some Bear Creek Cheese Potato soup along with some potatoes from the grill last night. Bacon, potatoes, cheese and smoke go very well together.

post #44 of 50
Thread Starter 

We have been gobbling up the Formed Bacon in sandwiches and I mean gobbling! Here is some for breakfast today.

 

 

Tastes like a bacon/summer sausage lunch meat when cold and bacon when it is hot.

post #45 of 50

Still looks good Todd  thumb1.gif  I've been checking out Curley's site & will probably order the 50 or 100# pack very soon. Thanks for the review!

post #46 of 50
Thread Starter 

I made 50 lbs of Formed Bacon in 4" casings. Everyone around here likes it.

 

 

post #47 of 50

That looks great.

 

I got me a grinder and stuffer now.    Thumbs Up

post #48 of 50

That's the way I like it also Woodcutter!!!!  Lookin awesome!!!!  Reinhard

post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post
 

I made 50 lbs of Formed Bacon in 4" casings. Everyone around here likes it.

 

 

 

That's Awesome Todd!!!:drool---------------:points:

 

I never saw it done that way----Always loaves, like I make.

 

Your way looks Fantastic!!! :drool I'm sure anybody who grinds & Stuffs will jump all over that !!!Thumbs Up

 

Bear

post #50 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post
 

That looks great.

 

I got me a grinder and stuffer now.    Thumbs Up

I saw your toys. I have the same enterprise stuffer. My Grandpa built a handle about 4 " longer than the original and it is a real power house especially when stuffing cold meat into sheep casings.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
 

That's the way I like it also Woodcutter!!!!  Lookin awesome!!!!  Reinhard

I tried this last year after seeing your post. I remember you stuffed them in summer sausage casings. I had been wanting to try the larger casings for sandwich meat.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post

 

That's Awesome Todd!!!:drool---------------:points:

 

I never saw it done that way----Always loaves, like I make.

 

Your way looks Fantastic!!! :drool I'm sure anybody who grinds & Stuffs will jump all over that !!!Thumbs Up

 

Bear

Thanks Bear! I'm still going to try your recipe. Alum was my hang up for a long time. Alum in Wausau is as hard to find as a tri-tips but I have some now..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Formed Bacon from Curley's and Amish Bologna