- 144 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Indy
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Venture, 11/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
What's the highest temp you had a brisket stall at?post #1 of 55/19/13 at 9:22amThread StarterI put a brisket on at 2am and this morning at 8 it was at 180 so I wrapped and threw it in the oven. Well that was over 4 hours ago and it's just now 185. Seems to be moving really slow. So I was thinking maybe that it was in the stall. I didn't know if they happened at that high of a temp?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/19/13 at 9:43am
I've had stalls well above 180*, depending on conditions. One thing to remember about handling meats is that once you remove to foil, etc. you reduce thermal absorption rates, and this can in turn prolong an existing stall, or simulate a stall. A true stall is a result of natural moisture in the meat evaporating to cause a cooling effect. The temp at which a stall hits can be effected by smoke chamber temp, temp stability, smoke chamber humidity, type and quantity of dry rub and wrapped/rested after rub application(?!?!?), among other factors.
I mention rub and prep process because salt can cause an early formation of bark, which can reduce evaporation of internal moisture from the meat, causing a higher temp stall to occur, as the moisture has been reduced enough for the meat temp to continue rising. A dry smoke chamber (low humidity) will also cause early bark formation giving the same result. With a dry smoke chamber you will notice much higher retained natural moisture in higher finished temp meats, but may also see very long stalls as a result of the whole process.
Hang in there...the stalls are where everything is really getting happy inside, so just let it happen.
Ericpost #3 of 511/15/13 at 2:45pm
I have a small brisket (4 lbs) and it has been stalled at 172 (Maverick) for several hours. It has been in an MES for 8 hours and I am about to foil it and put it in the oven. Toothpick goes in hard in several places. This is my first brisket btw. Usually do pork.post #4 of 511/15/13 at 3:17pmpost #5 of 511/15/13 at 3:52pm
Well I foiled it and put it back in the smoker....... going out for Mexican dinner tonight.....Be back in 3 hours to see how things look. Maybe a few Margaritas will fix things !
- What's the highest temp you had a brisket stall at?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Smoked Pork Steaks 6 seconds ago
- › Cold Smoked Coho Salmon 2 minutes ago
- › Babybacks/short ribs Updated and 4 minutes ago
- › Smoked syrup? 6 minutes ago
- › Intro and build question 6 minutes ago
- › Newbie 120 Gal Trailer Build (Advice Sought) 16 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 17 minutes ago
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 23 minutes ago
- › New Guy and this will be my 1st Reverse Flow Smoker Build 35 minutes ago
- › Wanting good chicken smoker recipe 38 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives