- 144 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Indy
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Venture, 11/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
What's the highest temp you had a brisket stall at?post #1 of 55/19/13 at 9:22amThread StarterI put a brisket on at 2am and this morning at 8 it was at 180 so I wrapped and threw it in the oven. Well that was over 4 hours ago and it's just now 185. Seems to be moving really slow. So I was thinking maybe that it was in the stall. I didn't know if they happened at that high of a temp?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/19/13 at 9:43am
I've had stalls well above 180*, depending on conditions. One thing to remember about handling meats is that once you remove to foil, etc. you reduce thermal absorption rates, and this can in turn prolong an existing stall, or simulate a stall. A true stall is a result of natural moisture in the meat evaporating to cause a cooling effect. The temp at which a stall hits can be effected by smoke chamber temp, temp stability, smoke chamber humidity, type and quantity of dry rub and wrapped/rested after rub application(?!?!?), among other factors.
I mention rub and prep process because salt can cause an early formation of bark, which can reduce evaporation of internal moisture from the meat, causing a higher temp stall to occur, as the moisture has been reduced enough for the meat temp to continue rising. A dry smoke chamber (low humidity) will also cause early bark formation giving the same result. With a dry smoke chamber you will notice much higher retained natural moisture in higher finished temp meats, but may also see very long stalls as a result of the whole process.
Hang in there...the stalls are where everything is really getting happy inside, so just let it happen.
Ericpost #3 of 511/15/13 at 2:45pm
I have a small brisket (4 lbs) and it has been stalled at 172 (Maverick) for several hours. It has been in an MES for 8 hours and I am about to foil it and put it in the oven. Toothpick goes in hard in several places. This is my first brisket btw. Usually do pork.post #4 of 511/15/13 at 3:17pmpost #5 of 511/15/13 at 3:52pm
Well I foiled it and put it back in the smoker....... going out for Mexican dinner tonight.....Be back in 3 hours to see how things look. Maybe a few Margaritas will fix things !
- What's the highest temp you had a brisket stall at?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › A Little Butt Ham 4 minutes ago
- › Fresh steelhead 7 minutes ago
- › favorite types of wood 14 minutes ago
- › New smoker has unexpectedly arrived 20 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu my first time 21 minutes ago
- › Yoder YS640 owners 24 minutes ago
- › Old Commercial Cooler into a Hot Smoker 25 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 28 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 35 minutes ago
- › New smoker 43 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona