- 144 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Indy
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by Venture, 11/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
What's the highest temp you had a brisket stall at?post #1 of 55/19/13 at 9:22amThread StarterI put a brisket on at 2am and this morning at 8 it was at 180 so I wrapped and threw it in the oven. Well that was over 4 hours ago and it's just now 185. Seems to be moving really slow. So I was thinking maybe that it was in the stall. I didn't know if they happened at that high of a temp?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 55/19/13 at 9:43am
I've had stalls well above 180*, depending on conditions. One thing to remember about handling meats is that once you remove to foil, etc. you reduce thermal absorption rates, and this can in turn prolong an existing stall, or simulate a stall. A true stall is a result of natural moisture in the meat evaporating to cause a cooling effect. The temp at which a stall hits can be effected by smoke chamber temp, temp stability, smoke chamber humidity, type and quantity of dry rub and wrapped/rested after rub application(?!?!?), among other factors.
I mention rub and prep process because salt can cause an early formation of bark, which can reduce evaporation of internal moisture from the meat, causing a higher temp stall to occur, as the moisture has been reduced enough for the meat temp to continue rising. A dry smoke chamber (low humidity) will also cause early bark formation giving the same result. With a dry smoke chamber you will notice much higher retained natural moisture in higher finished temp meats, but may also see very long stalls as a result of the whole process.
Hang in there...the stalls are where everything is really getting happy inside, so just let it happen.
Ericpost #3 of 511/15/13 at 2:45pm
I have a small brisket (4 lbs) and it has been stalled at 172 (Maverick) for several hours. It has been in an MES for 8 hours and I am about to foil it and put it in the oven. Toothpick goes in hard in several places. This is my first brisket btw. Usually do pork.post #4 of 511/15/13 at 3:17pmpost #5 of 511/15/13 at 3:52pm
Well I foiled it and put it back in the smoker....... going out for Mexican dinner tonight.....Be back in 3 hours to see how things look. Maybe a few Margaritas will fix things !
- What's the highest temp you had a brisket stall at?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › First time on mes 40. From propane two for 30. 2 minutes ago
- › First attempt at a brisket. 3 minutes ago
- › Freezer clean out breakfast 4 minutes ago
- › Tips for smoked sausage welcome here 10 minutes ago
- › Hi y'all 12 minutes ago
- › Carolina gold wings 15 minutes ago
- › EMERGENCY QUESTION 20 minutes ago
- › Fattie question 21 minutes ago
- › UMAi Elk Bresaola 22 minutes ago
- › Texas Rib Candy St. Louis Ribs w/QView 23 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer