Sloppy Joe Chuckie.
I had posted this 9/24/10 with a general smoke but no recipe so I am re posting with the recipe now.
I was looking for a new way to use a smoked "Chuckie" So I figured why not "sloppy Joes".
These are pretty good.
- 1 Chuck Roast
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cup ketchup
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle Chuck Roast with some Montreal Steak seasoning, inject optional.
- Smoke Chuck Roast uncovered at 220 - 240 degrees until inside temp is 165 degrees.
- Place Chuck Roast in a roasting pan ,cover with foil and continue cooking until internal temp is 200-205 degrees. When Chuck Roast reaches 205 wrap in foil and towels and place in cooler.
- In a skillet saute onion, and green pepper, set aside.
- In a steamer pan place the rest of the ingredients including onions and green pepper and place in smoker uncovered.
- After Chuck Roast has rested at least an hour open foil carefully and shred in pan, place shredded meat in sloppy joe mixture.
- serve on potato rolls or hamburger buns
* TIP - place a pan under chuck roast to catch drippings, place in fridge then remove grease from top and freeze for other dishes. Use a 1/4 cup of these drippings in the sloppy Joe mixture.
* TIP - If injecting use apple juice and beef broth.
* TIP - When the Sloppy Joe mix gets a film or skin on top, stir into mixture this will give the sauce a smokier flavor.