or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Teriyaki Sticks - Page 2

post #21 of 32

Thank you Nepas for the info

I was thinking about getting an MES but i have been concerned about the Mods and fixes i see on here. I think i will wait because of the expense of the unit until i learn a bit more about BBQing.

Seem like a lot of steps to take care of and i am pretty limited with the memory and stuff.

Last month when i did the Brine for Chicken i ended up with Chicken flavored SALT.

One step at a time.

Karl

 

post #22 of 32

Those sticks look good.

post #23 of 32

those look good where is the recipe posted please?

post #24 of 32



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post




We don't all know as much as you do.

 

We just know that too much smoke is worse than not enough.

 

No matter which smoker I would use, I would want the amount you can see coming out of my vent.

 

Bear

 


I was reading my reply to you and i can see it came across very snide and rude and for that i apologize.

Regarding your question of what i consider a regular smoker i have had nothing but the standard 4 walls a door lots of draft to dry out fish or now sausage. And by sausage i am talking about Summer sausage very simple done and not the aged summer sausage either.  The most modern smoker i have ever had was a little chief smoker and a big chief smoker. Both of them are yard sale specials. can only dream about having a MES. Cost is just to much for me.

As far as my knowledge on BBQ i have zilch. I Considered and dog on a stick having a BBQ. As soon as i make a smoker using a water pressure tank i will try something like a Brisket . I do not know how to weld so i will have to do nuts and bolts and some JB weld.

Again i apologize for being short and rude.

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there.

Karl

 


 

 

post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhaustedSpark View Post



 


I was reading my reply to you and i can see it came across very snide and rude and for that i apologize.

Regarding your question of what i consider a regular smoker i have had nothing but the standard 4 walls a door lots of draft to dry out fish or now sausage. And by sausage i am talking about Summer sausage very simple done and not the aged summer sausage either.  The most modern smoker i have ever had was a little chief smoker and a big chief smoker. Both of them are yard sale specials. can only dream about having a MES. Cost is just to much for me.

As far as my knowledge on BBQ i have zilch. I Considered and dog on a stick having a BBQ. As soon as i make a smoker using a water pressure tank i will try something like a Brisket . I do not know how to weld so i will have to do nuts and bolts and some JB weld.

Again i apologize for being short and rude.

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there.

Karl


Thank You Karl,

I try to help everyone I can on this forum. It gives me a good feeling inside to help others, and to compliment those who deserve it. It does make it hard to help someone who is putting down the smoker I use (not a real smoker), or telling me I don't know the difference between this and that.

However your very nice apology has thrown the rudeness right out the window. We can start over---Never happened.

 

Catch ya later,

Bear

 

post #26 of 32

Can anyone help with the recipe please  thanks

post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhaustedSpark View Post



 


I was reading my reply to you and i can see it came across very snide and rude and for that i apologize.

Regarding your question of what i consider a regular smoker i have had nothing but the standard 4 walls a door lots of draft to dry out fish or now sausage. And by sausage i am talking about Summer sausage very simple done and not the aged summer sausage either.  The most modern smoker i have ever had was a little chief smoker and a big chief smoker. Both of them are yard sale specials. can only dream about having a MES. Cost is just to much for me.

As far as my knowledge on BBQ i have zilch. I Considered and dog on a stick having a BBQ. As soon as i make a smoker using a water pressure tank i will try something like a Brisket . I do not know how to weld so i will have to do nuts and bolts and some JB weld.

Again i apologize for being short and rude.

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there.

Karl

 


 

 


Old Indian Saying...........There are many paths to arrive at the same location. It's all good. icon14.gif

 

post #28 of 32

Any chance you would be willing to share your recipe for these?  They would be a big hit at my fishing trip next weekend!!

post #29 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBombersfan View Post

Any chance you would be willing to share your recipe for these?  They would be a big hit at my fishing trip next weekend!!



BBf

 

I used to post recipies for everyone to use.

 

However a friend or i thought so was taking my recipes which i gladly gave him and was posting them to a site and claiming they were of his making. I mean yeah everyone gets recipes online but if the person you emailed them to cant have the decency to post that these were from a friend....Then thats why i dont post much on the entire recipe.

 

BUT

 

Since you have asked so nice here it is.

 

For 10 lbs. If you want 5 lbs just cut the recipe in half.

 

8 lbs lean GB

1 lb pork butt fat

1 lb beef fat or brisket trim   (if you dont have this just use another pound of pork)

5 Tbs salt (non iodized)

2 tsp cure #1 (1 tsp per every 5 lbs of meat)

5 Tbs dextrose powder (if you dont have this then no biggie. Just gives a slight tang)

1 tsp of liq smoke (yeah i know yuck) but this gives some smoky to the insides of the sticks and is OPT.

3 tsp celery powder

3 tsp curry powder

3 tsp white pepper

1 cup teriyaki sauce

1 cup non fat dry milk (this will bind some and less shrinkage) You dont have to use this if you dont want.

 

17-20mm collagen casings

 

Pre heat your smoker at 130

 

Hang or rack the sticks at 130 until the casings are kinda dry (no smoke) then bump to 140 with smoke for 2 hours. Bump temp to 150 (smoke opt) for another 2-3 hrs. Check IT of meat, Prob will not be close to IT. Bump heat to 150 again smoke is opt for 2 hrs. Check IT.

 

Your looking for an IT of 152-155. I pull mine anywhere between 149-151

 

If your not to the IT then bump to 170 checking often. When you reach the IT (which can take hours) hang or rack the sticks to bloom (cool) dont shower with cold water.

 

Hope this recipe works for ya.

 

post #30 of 32

Nepas,

Awesome Recipe & instructions!

 

I printed your recipe out.

Then I cut it in half like you said.

Now one half has cure in it, and the other half doesn't.

 

 

Duh,  biggrin.gif

Bear

post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post





BBf

 

I used to post recipies for everyone to use.

 

However a friend or i thought so was taking my recipes which i gladly gave him and was posting them to a site and claiming they were of his making. I mean yeah everyone gets recipes online but if the person you emailed them to cant have the decency to post that these were from a friend....Then thats why i dont post much on the entire recipe.

 

BUT

 

Since you have asked so nice here it is.

 

For 10 lbs. If you want 5 lbs just cut the recipe in half.

 

8 lbs lean GB

1 lb pork butt fat

1 lb beef fat or brisket trim   (if you dont have this just use another pound of pork)

5 Tbs salt (non iodized)

2 tsp cure #1 (1 tsp per every 5 lbs of meat)

5 Tbs dextrose powder (if you dont have this then no biggie. Just gives a slight tang)

1 tsp of liq smoke (yeah i know yuck) but this gives some smoky to the insides of the sticks and is OPT.

3 tsp celery powder

3 tsp curry powder

3 tsp white pepper

1 cup teriyaki sauce

1 cup non fat dry milk (this will bind some and less shrinkage) You dont have to use this if you dont want.

 

17-20mm collagen casings

 

Pre heat your smoker at 130

 

Hang or rack the sticks at 130 until the casings are kinda dry (no smoke) then bump to 140 with smoke for 2 hours. Bump temp to 150 (smoke opt) for another 2-3 hrs. Check IT of meat, Prob will not be close to IT. Bump heat to 150 again smoke is opt for 2 hrs. Check IT.

 

Your looking for an IT of 152-155. I pull mine anywhere between 149-151

 

If your not to the IT then bump to 170 checking often. When you reach the IT (which can take hours) hang or rack the sticks to bloom (cool) dont shower with cold water.

 

Hope this recipe works for ya.

 


Thank you very much for your recipe!  I will also thank you on behalf of my buddies and brother that will be joining me on our annual fishing trip!!  I bet these will be a huge hit!!!!!!!
 

 

post #32 of 32

thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage