SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › need advice, Boneless turkey brest but not round (pics included)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need advice, Boneless turkey brest but not round (pics included)

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

i want to smoke this, got it from a friend, but its not like the turkey i see you guys cooking

 

IMAG0067.jpg

 

IMAG0066.jpg

post #2 of 18

Well take it out of the bag so we can see it. It looks like just one side of the breast. If so I would brine it, smoke it skin side down with some bacon strips on the top to keep it moist. If you want you could also put your favorite rub on it.

post #3 of 18

I can't tell what you have for sure but  since  it isn't a nice  roast style piece  I would  fillet it open and stuff it with something and tie it up and smoke it. Or brine it like Al said.


 

post #4 of 18

Yep, looks like half a turkey breast...ditto what Al said, brine it (type in slaughterhouse brine in the search bar), put your fav rub on it overnight in the fridge, bacon wrap, stick a probe in it and smoke it.

post #5 of 18

Definitely brine it.  a simple brine can be found on here somewhere.  i use soy, kosher salt and sugar.  it's simple but effective.  i've used it on drumsticks and fresh ham and it has done the trick. 

post #6 of 18

Brine it overnight, then rinse it and dust it with some rub, then smoke it for about 3-4 hours, should be perfect...don't forget the Q-View!

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 

i did one just like it before, but it was more like a turkey breast (tasted great), and i was hoping for pulled turkey

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Well take it out of the bag so we can see it. It looks like just one side of the breast. If so I would brine it, smoke it skin side down with some bacon strips on the top to keep it moist. If you want you could also put your favorite rub on it.

X 14
 

 

post #9 of 18
Send it to me! It's the only way to be sure
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 

one more ?, if prok and turkey is going at the same time, whcih one on the top racks, pork dripping on turkey?

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanntastic View Post

one more ?, if prok and turkey is going at the same time, whcih one on the top racks, pork dripping on turkey?



Pork above Turkey.

 

 

Bear

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post





Pork above Turkey.

 

 

Bear



X2

post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 

IMAG0068.jpg

 

tastes great, my Mes30 died today, i had to finish it in the oven

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanntastic View Post

 

tastes great, my Mes30 died today, i had to finish it in the oven


Hmmm,

Your's is only 5 or 6 months old, isn't it?

 

Element wire burn out?

 

What happened?

 

Bear

 

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 

10months old, i am sure i burned out the wiring, but i am going to try to turn it into a charcoal smoker and buy a mes 40 for electric
 

Quote:

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post


 


Hmmm,

Your's is only 5 or 6 months old, isn't it?

 

Element wire burn out?

 

What happened?

 

Bear

 



 

post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanntastic View Post

10months old, i am sure i burned out the wiring, but i am going to try to turn it into a charcoal smoker and buy a mes 40 for electric
 



 



 

post #17 of 18

This not being able to post w/ quote is getting REAL OLD, REAL FAST.

You may not want to use the MES cabinet as a charcoal smoker. The cabinet is only designed to run at temps between 275° - 300°.  Maybe use it for cold smoking ,Cheese ,bacon etc.

post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post

This not being able to post w/ quote is getting REAL OLD, REAL FAST.

You may not want to use the MES cabinet as a charcoal smoker. The cabinet is only designed to run at temps between 275° - 300°.  Maybe use it for cold smoking ,Cheese ,bacon etc.


I was thinking about saying that same thing, but I wasn't sure enough about it.

Now that Eman said it, I have to agree exactly.

 

Bear

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › need advice, Boneless turkey brest but not round (pics included)