What are you listening to ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I must be the odd ball of the bunch as I stay close to the old country. Willies Roadhouse on Sirius in the house on tv or in either vehicle. Loretta Lynn brought the house down with her rendition of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl last Sunday. The half time show sucked from the start who ever Usher is. I do love good bluegrass though.

I'll chime in now that everyone has declared their playlists. When I was younger I liked classic rock, and I still do, but recently I've been leaning more towards the old hippie folk rock and eighties pop rock. Jim Croce, Eric Carmen, Cat Stevens, Janice Joplin, and Harry Chapin. I'm also finding myself listening to Patty Smyth, Pat Benetar, The Bangles and Go-Goes. Southern Rock is always welcome to.

Chris

Reactions: Colin1230
I was born Southern Rock... Still am ... Marshall Tucker is one of my all time favs....

Lately, I have been hanging around with the likes Cody Jinks, Frank Foster, Cody Johnson, Duke Henry, Creed Fisher, and a bunch of others...

Here's one that shows how Ya'll acted when you hit your teens...

Wide variety of music choice here and that is good. Would be interesting to see what age group relates to what kind of music. I am over 80, born and raised with country music and square dancing.

I'm 71 yo. Music keeps me young. At the blues/rock concerts I attend, the crowd is mostly around my age. Bunch of gray hairs. A lot of what's called classic rock from the 60's and 70's is blues based. Then there's a lot of young musicians who've taken to the genre and are covering the classic music and adding new to it.

I am 61 and my other hobby besides smoking meats is attending and audio recording live music. There are shows I attend where I am one of the younger people ( blues and Americana shows mostly) and many where I am one of the oldest. Since I am retired, I travel for shows and too see friends all over the US and Europe. I tell people if this was drugs or alcohol I would need to be in a 12 step program. My next big events are New Orleans Jazzfest, 7 more Rolling Stones shows in 5 states and a Europe trip coming together that starts at Bergenfest in Bergen Norway, includes Pearl Jam in Dublin and concludes with Nick Mason of Pink Floyd with his band at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Most likely there will be 5 to 8 more nights of music in between and I will record it all. I am also a collector and have somewhere between 30,000 and 35,000 live concert recordings and more than 1,000 videos.

leaning more towards the old hippie folk rock
Same here .
Jim Croce, Eric Carmen, Cat Stevens, Janice Joplin, and Harry Chapin.
I always bought the Greatest hits CD's . Only one I don't have from that bunch is Eric Carmen .
The Harry Chapin I have is a live concert .

All day . I have some of my Dad's albums from the 60's . I have a 4CD collection . Awesome stuff .

Reactions: gmc2003
I always bought the Greatest hits CD's . Only one I don't have from that bunch is Eric Carmen .
The Harry Chapin I have is a live concert .
Carmen is good and I really like him, but I don't think he has enough material for a greatest hits album. He had a couple songs with the Rasberries, and two really good solo hits. Go All the Way is a dynamite song with a great guitar riff in the beginning. Then of course you have his solo stuff All by Myself and Hungry Eyes.

I have a few of the greatest hits albums, but I'm really glad my wife and I bought the Time Life sounds of the 70s and Sounds of the 60s Cd sets. They contain all the big hits of the year including the one hit wonders.

Who remembers this gem. This probably started the psychedelic rock era:

Chris

We have a stack of 78 rpm records about 2 feet high, mostly dance band and instrumental/vocal from back in the 30's to the 50's era. Ran across them clearing out an old building used for storage for the last 24 years and moving it into a sea can. No interest in 78's anymore so basically worthless but hate to throw out this good old music. Benny Goodman, Glen Miller type stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky