What are you listening to ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've wondered that a lot. He was already evolving .
Sobriety is not always a good thing for musicians, it really could've gone either way. I've never been on the wagon, so I've got that covered. Now, if I could be blessed with the dexterity and rhythm that SRV had, I'd be set.🤣

Dug back 10 years for this one, from the Gregg Allman tribute concert " All My Friends " ........... Eric Church ... " Win Lose or Draw "

• Love
Reactions: forktender
Check out Samatha Fish on you tube doing Sympathy for the Devil she owns it
Samantha Fish is awesome. Have seen (recorded) her a bunch of times and looking forward to seeing her at Jazzfest in May. Here is her set from a festival in the Santa Cruz Mountains last year. https://spaces.hightail.com/space/naHpoXZ4Rb

Currently listening to my recordings of U2 from The Sphere in Vegas right now. That is a wild venue for live music. Caught 3 shows the week of the Super Bowl and need to go back for the last 2 shows.

That was SRV's last performance. He was unlucky enough to catch a helicopter from the concert site to his hotel.
Alpine Valley. Been there. Sad he passed.

Though I dunno where he would place today had he not passed. Personal opinion, kinda like the Jake E Lee debates.

I'm all over the place, but metal and hard rock rock are #1. Blues a solid #2. Bonamassa is gtg in my playlist. I'll def give Fish a try.

Larkin Poe is also really good. Have caught them a few times too.

IDK where you're seeing these acts, but you're fortunate they come close. To my knowledge, Larkin Poe has never been here.

For some reason, they go right past OKC. I guess they can't make money here. OKC can fill up an arena for a big country act, but can't turn out for the blues/rock acts.

From my standpoint, its frustrating.

IDK where you're seeing these acts, but you're fortunate they come close. To my knowledge, Larkin Poe has never been here.

For some reason, they go right past OKC. I guess they can't make money here. OKC can fill up an arena for a big country act, but can't turn out for the blues/rock acts.

From my standpoint, its frustrating.
Lots of acts come through the SF Bay Area but my philosophy is if I want to go see an act and they are not playing near me I have 2 choices. Go where they are playing or not go. I don't like not going.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
Just got tickets to see Sierra Ferrell at the Ryman next month. We love her. Beautiful voice and a great bluegrass band

We ALMOST bought tickets to show! Nikki Lane is the opener and she's pretty danm good as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky