White Lightning Hot Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
No moonshine involved lol. I’ve been carefully saving the best tasting brines from over 10 half gallon ferments. Some didn’t make the cut as they were too hot or overly funky for this purpose. Those are saved to use as starter only. When blended with peppers they are great but not so much stand-alone. I wanted a semi hot but brilliant flavor tangy flavor profile. I’ve blended to where I love it now. Will be rolling out to the local crew for feedback. I see this as amazing to replace things you’d e chance with vinegar. Shake it on fries, pulled pork, greens and more and it will be money!!
2EF92E41-3D96-45F0-B0EF-DC5746450922.jpeg
A2AFCEB1-1F18-4884-B078-9F1725EA2131.jpeg
Thanks for looking and indulging my frequently posted obsession!

Hard to keep up with you on the forum.
Interesting to repurpose your otherwise toxic waste! (Just kidding)
I'll definitely be trying my hand at fermenting next fall.

Kinda looks like lemon aid. I'm having a grilled meatloaf sammy tonight(finally solid food). I bet that would taste good on it.

Point for sure
Chris
You sure a colon blow is needed after a week of the crud?

Very interesting! I love all your logos that you've been doing for each sauce. It sounds like a business at this point. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: jcam222
That stuff sounds fantastic Jeff. I could easily see dumping all the vinegar in the pantry and just using this stuff. Heck, it looks like a margarita so it couldn't be bad in any way :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222 and Steve H
It looks good! But think the label alone almost puts me into a sweat lol! Me and my wimpy taste buds are going to the porch! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222 and Steve H
Just now pulling the hook out of my mouth. No moonshine!?! But hey, this is a great idea. Would be great on any fried taters or as a base for some mop sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it 🤣
I used the brine from my first (and only) fermented hot sauce to pickle eggs.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky