What is the lowest and slowest brisket cook known to man?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
I'm aiming to cook the most tender and moist brisket possible.
How to proceed, allowing that the meat itself is up to the task?
Anyone ever heard of cooking brisket at "souvie" temps? (on a smoker that is)
How about pulling it at 180/190 and holding the meat at 160 for a LONG time after smoking, would that help with tenderness/internal moisture?
How about butcher paper, metal foil or covered pan, or a combo of one or more of them?
I've seen full fat untrimmed briskets come out super tender and moist but after cutting off all the cooked fat the bark is in the trash can instead of in my sandwich!

Reactions: JLeonard
This wouldn’t help with avoiding the cooked fat, but it seems like a great way to get a really moist brisket.

I smoke mine 20 hours at 225 and don’t touch it - turns out perfect every time. Falls apart if that’s the result you are looking for ..

82959058-0295-4A82-B43C-D9FD8403D5CF.jpeg

Cool video, wish I could source one with dino ribs attached but I wish he had a better or more detailed description on "resting" it overnight.
Was that in a holding oven or a cambro and at what temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky