What company has better products in general? Char-Griller or Char-Broil? I keep getting the two confused.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JohnnyDangerDude

Original poster
Jul 17, 2019
What company has better products in general? Char-Griller or Char-Broil? I keep getting the two confused.

Thanks.

Neither are generally known as being exceptionally good. They are lower priced units that work but you get what you pay for.

I have a Char-Griller Akorn that I've been quite happy with. Both names used to mean cheap fairly low quality products. Char-Griller seemed to have stepped up with their quality, at least with the Akorn. You won't find a better Kamado type smoker/ grill for the price.

Char Broil has some decent products, mostly their charcoal grills and smokers. Not great but functional and CHEAP. Their 20" WSM competitor is only about $200.

Char Griller is a step above, definitely more engineering goes into their products and making necessary design revisions based on customer feedback. They're a budget brand too but supposed still family owned out of Georgia.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky