Well I finally did it.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
I have been thinking of doing this for a while now, so early this morning I made the decision to finally do it, with one stipulation attached which was being able to get fresh chicken at the store that i was, i also knew i had come wood charcoal chunks. Some people on here that have looked at my profile might have figured out where this is going.
I took my fire pit out of retirement (about three years.) I wanted to cook chicken thighs ( they work better for sandwiches in my opinion) but my store didn't have any.
so breasts it was. pounded them out to cook on the grill.
I have forgotten how long it takes for the wood to be cooked on.
only have two pic for this one.
DSCF3656.JPG
DSCF3659.JPG

I might start cooking this way more, again.

It's an awesome way to do it! Just did supper last night the same way, gives totally different flavor

Ryan

My friend has a pit like this that has the grill on a swivel. She got it on Amazon. I am thinking of adding it to my ever growing arsenal of cooking tools.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky