Wagyu chuck burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I am having some people for dinner on tuesday and I think I have just enough meat. The meal will be about 5.5 lbs of strip loin roast and I'm feeding 9 people.

To make sure people are well fed, and the fact that I have never made them before I thought I would try chuck roast burnt ends as some candy for people to eat with cheese and wine before dinner. Costco has wagyu chuck roast, so I figured why not.

Question is, can I smoke this the day before to just before I add the sauce, rest and refrigerate and finish the day of the party?

Also, i only have a pellet grill and get best smoke at 150°. Is the constraint that I have to pay attention to is to have the surface of the meat at 140° in 4 hours or is it the center of the meat at 140° in the 4 hours?

You should be fine smoking the day before and then cube them up and finish them with some sauce in a pan on either a hot grill or oven on the day you are going to serve.

- Jason

I'd recommend cubing them up before you even start smoking them. There are a few other threads on this board showing success doing that, check it out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky