Veterans BBQ (Brisket & Ribs)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's an awesome gesture Hannah!
Awesome looking food!
The gentleman in the kilt would fit right in at our rendezvous this weekend.

Ryan

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
MHSG, if your WSM is a 22" and you want to smoke the briskets whole. Try placing a brick double wrapped in aluminum under the ctr. of the brisket. When the brisket shrinks enough remove the brick and they should lay flat on the grate without touching the sides. Also I'd start the brisket on the lower rack about a half hour to an hour before putting the second one on the top grate. It's not much of a temp difference between grates, but I think in most cases it's about 10 to 15*.

Chris

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
MHSG, if your WSM is a 22" and you want to smoke the briskets whole. Try placing a brick double wrapped in aluminum under the ctr. of the brisket. When the brisket shrinks enough remove the brick and they should lay flat on the grate without touching the sides. Also I'd start the brisket on the lower rack about a half hour to an hour before putting the second one on the top grate. It's not much of a temp difference between grates, but I think in most cases it's about 10 to 15*.

Chris
It’s an 18.5”

That all looks and sounds terrific...very nicely done MHSG! And good on you for taking care of those Vets!

Red

My wife and I just hosted a 30 people bbq yesterday. My plan for 30 people was to smoke a 16 lb brisket*, four racks of ribs, 16 half-smoke sausages, and 12 lamb burgers. There were tons of appetizers as well. Brisket and ribs came out great but when all was said and done I had around eight large slices of left over brisket (both point and flat), about one rack worth of left over ribs, only cooked 12 of the half-smokes and 9 were left over, and I didn't even have a chance to cook a single burger. First time I ever cooked a brisket and it wasn't wiped out. That's what I get for hosting a bbq for a bunch of city folk.

*Cooked the brisket on a 19-inch drum using the lump-of-hardwood-underneath method. 😉

Reactions: JLeonard
I’m a ma’am but thank you!
I apologize, its 2023 and here I am still assuming genders....... No seriously though, I am usually in a hurry when Im perusing the site and focus more on the cook than the cooker! Hell, look how long it took me to get back to this "alert" lol. Kudos on the great cook and great cause...ma'am!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky